Girls is this too soon to ask for a phone number?

So there's a girl in one of my classes I think is really cute, we haven't talked too much in class at all (hardly anyone has) but yesterday after class I started talking to her when walking to my next class and she was headed for the parking lot, it was a long walk across campus and we just talked about the class and papers etc. Anyway I'm wondering if simply asking for a number right now is too soon, yes I know it's early but I mean it's not like I'm admitting love or something you know? Anyway girls if a guy you hadn't talked to much but was friendly asked this early would it put you off?

• Yes, that's too early, it'd be kinda weird
    9% (1)
  • No I don't think its too early, just ask it wouldn't weird me out
    91% (10)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

2

What Girls Said 2

• I feel like asking in person might be a little bit awkward--especially if she won't give it to you. If you're friends with her on facebook maybe you could start chatting her on there and ask through that. You could say something like "Hey I'm going out, did you want to text instead?"

• Sorry I only do asking for numbers or dates in person, I don't hide behind a screen, she said no, I didn't let it get awkward and she didn't seem to care much, I just joked it off (and died inside doing it)