What Do People Do In A Relationship?

I am 24 years old and have ever only had about 5 relationships, all of which happened under the age of 18. When I was in those relationships all we would do was hang out, awkward stare at each other, and make out/sex.

As an adult I have had zero relationships. I took a 5 year break from dating and sex and decided this year to get back into it. I know have a boyfriend and I'm pretty content. My ideal relationship, basically consist of two people leading separate lifes, but making time like once or twice a week to hang out. I personally do not need to see my boyfriends face everyday. I have a full time job, friends and all these other things to keep me entertain but I make time to see him at least once a week.

My sister thinks there's something wrong with that. She thinks we are suppose to do more and when I ask her like what she can not give me an answer. What else are you suppose to do besides have sex and talk? I don't need to go on a date every night to feel loved. I don't need expensive gifts, or trips. As long as we comminicate on a regular basis and see each other at least once a week i'm cool. What do you guys think? What are you guys relationships like?

Most Helpful Guy

• This right here describes me too, I want to read me some comments

Most Helpful Girl

• What do people do in relationships?

Whatever they damn well want lol

Every relationship is different.

My relationship is pretty cool. It was a whole four years old on the 1st. :P Anywho... we derp around being silly. Our relationship is very playful. We're very serious about each other and being together, but we have a heck of a lot of fun together too. We hang out. That's the best way to describe it. 2 AM milkshakes, walks in the park, horseback riding, Netflix, going out to dinner, cooking at home, planning where to travel with our imaginary money, coloring, playing with bubbles, jumping on the tramp, going to the beach, eating ice cream... we just hang out. And like, hold hands and make out and stuff lol

We just have fun. We have a blast doing whatever 'cause we can.

What Guys Said 1

• What are you supposed to do besides have sex and talk? Um... connect with him as a person. How do you build relationships with new people? Doesn't matter if it's a friend or a new boyfriend. You hangout and literally just get to know each other.

• Thats what I meant by 'talk' ... We hang out and chat and talk about our lives, where we come from who we are etc. Lol. He makes me happy and I feel that's all that matters.

What Girls Said 2

• i talk to my boyfriend every evening but i don't physically see him often at all, this is due to him working and me being in education as well as the stance between us. he's like my best friend. we chat about everything, watch films together, all sorts.

• Mines works a lot to. 12hrs 7days a week. So it's rough but we're working through it.

• Mines exactly like that to be honest, with maybe an extra day here or there 😊