Can you know you're with "the one" but not want to change anything?

I love my partner. I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with him. But I also know I'm not ready to get married or live together or anything right now. I was married & I have a lot of hang ups about commitment I need to get over, I want to put myself in a better position financially, and build a really solid foundation before we take those steps.

My sister says clearly he isn't the right person for me, or I'd want to get married/live together/take big steps. But I say, I know when I'm ready for those steps, it'll be with him so why rush? Am I wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• ALWAYS do what YOU want to do and if things go wrong then you can be happy knowing that the choices that got you there were your own. There is NOTHING wrong with you thoughts on this! I love my wife, but honestly I think I would have been happier dating longer and living by myself longer vefore we moved in together. You can be perfectly content together without living under the same roof! Hell, in a perfect world we would have had apartments next to each other so we could spend the night if we wanted, or I could just go home and get away from her evil cat! ;)

• Awesome! I'm glad to hear I'm not weird, I just figure things will evolve when they're supposed to, not any other reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dont rush. Enjoy the moment.

What Guys Said 1

• Woah! You are dating Neo? That is so cool.

Anyways, if you are happy with the guy why rush into anything regardless of what your sister says? Don’t make life changing decisions based on what other people think.

What Girls Said 0