Guys, How would you prefer to be turned down?

I never know how to turn down a guy. If you say no, they get upset, if you say nothing they get upset. Usually saying "I have a boyfriend" works, but now I keep hearing "We can be friends!"

I don't have a boyfriend but I don't want one right now, I don't want sex right now either. I'm going through a lot right now and I think I could easily make bad decisions based off my emotions and instead of involving someone in my shit, I would rather be alone right now.

However, I'm not explaining that to a random guy off the street.
So guys, what's the best way to turn someone down?

Most Helpful Guy

• Go to walmart and buy a fifty dollar wedding band, heh. If you get the "we can be friends" line, just say "not with my husband!" Smile and walk away! If the guy is being pushy like that anyway then dont worry about hurting his feelings, if he was interested in yours he wouldn't be pushy!
    ... you could always tell him you're gay! ... or, reach down and scratch yourself and say "dude, I'm hung better than you are, but hey, If you swing that way..." ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• "I don't have a boyfriend but I don't want one right now,... I'm going through a lot right now" <--- I know I'm not a guy, but I think this might be your answer. You already said it. I think it's fair to say this, and it's honest... and it doesn't sound hurtful, because everyone can empathize what a tough time feels like.

What Guys Said 6

• The Best rejection I've ever had was this:
    Girl at the gym, I asked her out she said "Sorry I have a boyfriend, but we can hangout as friends!"

Hangout as friends was nice b/c helps the guy not have to wonder if she actually did have a boyfriend or not. I mean, at that point you aren't going to hangout as friends anyways, so it's just a nice gesture.

• Ask us about our favourite video game and say "oh that sounds stupid".

• Be real with me but being real doesn't mean being a rude cynical bitch about it. Hell give him some constructive criticism or a complement. I'm calm and cool and everything but if she goes off on me I'd roast her ass on the spot.

• "Sorry I'm just not interested, you're a [insert pity compliment here] guy though! Hope you find someone soon!"

I much prefer that to my usual response of her just not saying a damned thing and ignoring me.

• Just pretend they're door-to-door salesmen.

"Oh no sorry I'm not interested"

• just say "sorry but I'm not interested, I'm really sorry" that's really direct

What Girls Said 1

• Just be honest. That's the best way to say things. I'm like you, I do care about hurting people's feelings, but they're gonna be hurt anyways. It also will be worse if you lie to them and they end up discovering the truth later on. Just be honest and say how you feel. You can't sugar-coat things all the time.