Guys, What is your preference? Does race matter?

I'm an African American girl and my prefence is mostly white guys due to where I grew up and what appeals to me, though I've been single my whole life and have never been asked out. I wanted to know if most guys would or wouldn't date outside their race, even if the girl is amazing, cute and/or has a wonderful personality. And if you wouldn't why?

• Race doesn't matter
    73% (30)
  • Wouldn't date outside my race
    27% (11)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

17

Most Helpful Guy

• White guy here. I am attracted to African-American women, but I used to be too intimidated to approach them, because of the whole racism sh*t. You probably aren't being approached because most white guys are going to assume you wouldn't be interested or would get mad about a white guy hitting on you. If you're going to date white guys, you're going to have to make it clear to them that you're available.

That said, there are also racists still running around loose in the U. S. A., so you have to watch out for them - it's a balancing act, and it would probably just be easier to date within your race - less risky.

Good luck

• I know there are people like that still and that doesn't bother me cause they're not hurting my feelings. I am single and it is known by people that I'm around the most and most people know I like white guys so I guess it's just a matter of me finding someone that thinks I'm cute. And i do I'm not being self absorbed or anything but i do think of myself as an attractive girl.

• No. I didn't think that you were racist. I was just giving a for instance. We all are attracted to different things and we should all thank God that we are.

• Okay good, haha. And yeah it really is!

What Guys Said 16

• Everyone has their own preferences towards the different races and cultures that exist on this planet. Unfortunately some races get a worse rap than others, even though not everyone from a certain country or race acts that way. I know lots of guys who are very picky about dating outside of their own race (close minded in my opinion), and then there are some guys who don't put too much stock into what race someone is, but what kind of person they are. Being of a certain race and culture should be a good thing. I like dating a variety of girls because they bring something different and interesting to the relationship.

• Race doesn't matter to me because there are attractive women of all races. It's like food; why would choose one cuisine when all cuisine have good food.

• Race doesn't matter, it's culture what does.

• I personally dont really date too far away from my own "race" (im white as wilk)
    Eventhough there are exeptions, but i mostly stay within my own race becuase most races are sort of linked to a personallity
    All the treuly black girls i know are all bossy girls

But if i really like the girl and she would be black then i'd still date her, Its just that most white/hispanic/anythign near that tend be more towards the type of girl i like

i personally like weird girls who dont mind if they look immature or silly (or game ^^), i adore that about girls
    and i never met a brown/black girl who comes close to this, but enough white and hispanic girls that are that way

• White guy here. Race matters. It's just life. I date white girls pretty much exclusively. I find white girls more attractive than other races and similar culture.

• Im white and married a white girl, but honestly I have a thing for Asian girls. Just really werent that many in areas I've lived. ... Im not picky though, a cute girl is a cute girl and thats all I really cared about, not race. I'll take you on a lunch date and coffee afterwards! (My wife won't mind, hehe;)

• Old white guy here. I would date an African-American woman if she were attractive and we were intellectually compatible. There is one I would ask out right now if I were single. But there aren't many African-Americans women I would date because I'm not religious and I don't date Christians or Muslims.

• In my opinion: The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice. But that doesn't mean that light berries have no flavor.

• Hmm, another black girl asking if white guys are into her, eh?

I'm starting to think GaG is like 60% black girls.

• Haha, I honestly had no idea it was a common question.

• That only makes it funnier. I've actually began capping posts of black girls talking about white guys on here to show people who say "ahh black girls don't go for white guys."

If this site is anything to go by, it seems VERY common.

• I only go for White, Asian, Latino and Arab

• Im white and I would be interested in slightly darker colored, multi-cultured or Asian girls. But never found blacks appealing.

Race matters to a degree.

• Race doesn't matter, but I prefer to date outside my race

• Race does matter but it's not a deal breaker. I am white and I prefer white but that doesn't mean I wouldn't date outside my race if I meet a great woman.

• Race doesn't matter, but they should soeak English.

• To me as a white guy, Race doesn't matter.

• I absolutely love Black / White mix girls. But other races are great too