Is it wrong for a girl who is a sophomore in highschool to date a freshman guy?

I am currently a sophomore in highschool and I have a friend (a girl) who is a freshman. She introduced me to her guy friend (also a freshman) and I have feelings for him, I also think he has feelings for me. However, I have mentioned the idea to a few people and they completely rejected it. What is your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as the age difference isn't too high, it's fine.

What Guys Said 3

• It's only wrong with you are under 18 and he is over 18.

• He is younger than me and I know it isn't like illegal or anything but I want to know what people think morally

• you know 25 year old people date 45 year old people..

this is +/- 1 year?

• Of course not, that's barely even a difference. As you get older, it'll matter even less.

• I see no problems with it, he's just one year younger.

What Girls Said 3

• It's not necessarily "wrong" because they're not that far apart within age. You would have to be mindful of the maturity problems that might arise. It's different for every teenager but there could be a gap in the way he handles things and responds to things.

• Why did you tell them? And I don't think it's wrong to date someone younger then you.

• I think its okay for you to think he is cute but not to date because girls are naturally more mature than guys you two would have problems more so than if you dated someone your age or a little older just my opinion I have also liked someone younger than me by a year but realized they were too immature for me