Would you be mad?

Would you be mad if you found out your girlfriend/boyfriend was texting somebody they know likes them? I just got into a fight with my girlfriend because she was texting some guy she works with. It was some after work text she sent to him at night. They dated a while back but she friend zoned him but he still really likes her a lot. I just got pissed she would do that, is it no big deal or is it something?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I would be very angry because that's a clear indication of lack of respect, inconsideration, insensitivity, and pure stupidity considering they used to date. She's basically giving a guy the chance to be inappropriate or make a move. Not cool. This situation is a big deal and it's not okay because this is how a lot of homewreckers make their move. They pretend to be friends and get someone really comfortable to the point of venting about their relationship then when the time is right, they pounce. Your girlfriend is an azz.

Most Helpful Guy

• You just asked a question about this didn't you?
    And anyway, yes I'd get mad. There is no reason to do that other than to either boost your own ego and your want to seek attention from others. That or she's looking for a plan B (or maybe I'm her plan B and she's looking for an A).

What Girls Said 7

• For me it would depend on the content of the texting, like if they're just talking as friends and having general chit chat then I'd be okay with it. But if my partner was flirting or just enjoying the attention from texting the other person then I'd be pretty angry.

• i agree with you on this... i would be mad because its like they're doing this behind your back and it ain't cool

• I honestly don't care who my boyfriend texts as long as he isn't being inappropriate. He has several female friends that aren't shy about the fact that they like him. If he were to make them think they had a shot at being with him, I would not be ok with that. But he can can't help that they like him, so I can't fault him for that.

Talking to an ex is different though. An ex as in "official relationship" not just going on a few dates. I would not be ok with him texting an ex.

• YUP i would NOT like it because i would THINK they must like the person also... because WHY would they respond to them that's asking for DRAMA... UNLESS they were friends PRIOR to you... THEN its different... I have male friends that have been life long friends some like me and i keep them at a distance for my boyfriend sake... but i am friends with them

• It's not a big deal if she's just texting.. She's not cheating on you, she's just having a conversation with the guy..

• As long as she isn't flirting with him, dating him or leading him on then it should be fine but its kind of bad that you didn't know. She should be open about it if nothing is going on.

• 1) did she tell you she texted or did u snoop? Cuz if she told u she is being upfront and transparent and what jealousy you feel might be better spoken w/ dude.
    2) Don't you want a good looking chick? Men will ALWAYS want a beauty. She shouldn't have to wear less makeup or change her style. The fact that others find her sexy us a part of life. Jealousy on a man towards that is UGLY and can even be damaging.
    3) Is she a PUA? Because you sound like one. If you recognize game afoot perhaps it could also be her way of teaching u a lesson about how you react. Hate the Game not the Players

What Guys Said 2

• I would let it go until something legit actually happens. no girl likes a paranoid jealous boyfriend.

• I wouldn't, but if she was flirting I might be