Would you date someone with Children already?

Would you date a person with a kid if you dont have kids of your own?

Looks like the majority says that they wouldn't and i agree. Im 24 now and it just seems like so many amazing young women have at least one or two kids in this day and age.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, never, for the same reason I wouldn't date someone who has gotten married before. HEAR ME OUT:
    1. if it's an accidental pregnancy, someone who would not be smart enough to use contraceptions is coming nowhere near my vagina.

2. If not, I consider marriage and children the most sacred promise you can give someone in terms of relationships. I will never ever settle for being second best, there are many first times the exs in your life gets, sex, kiss, first house together etc. it's stupid to fuss over those, but is it wrong that I want to be that one and only wife and mother of your children?
    If you can give away those vows so easily whats the point of marriage?

3 if the ex died then maybe I'll consider it, but still worried I'll be in the shadow of a ghost.

Most Helpful Guy

• If this girl was my dream girl, I would. Plus I love kids. I guess it also depends how many kids she has.

I wouldn't be able to date her at 20.. Id have to be in my mid to late 20s so I'm on my way to being financially set before I had a child in my life. I do hope this doesn't happen though.. I don't want to be still dating at that point in my life. I hope my dream girl comes around soon *gazes out window* 😂

What Girls Said 41

• As someone who has kids (in a relationship with the father) if I'm out with friends, some guys still take an interest in me but as soon as I say that I have children they run for their lives! Not that I'm looking for anyone when I talk to them, I'm just being polite and friendly.
    I hope I'm never single 😣

• Nooo, I'm too young to be a mother 😳

• Yeah it SUCKS to be with someone with KIDS.. WHen I was YOUNGER that was an IMMEDIATE TURN OFF and one of the FIRST questions I would always ask a guy if he had kids SEE YA!! Now I am with a guy we are older he and I have been friends only for like 15 years - he had kids so a COMPLETE turn off BUT I always thought he was SUPER nice and SUPER handsome SO finally I couldn't resist him PLUS his kids like him had kids YOUNG so they are married and gone so NOW I have been with him 6 years we will marry at some point but I would NEVER have gotten with him if I had to deal with KIDS as I CHOSE to NOT want or have kids ie be CHILDFREE happily!!! DONT DO IT at 24 you will HATE it plus they are young kids he and you would get STUCK with them on visitation.. GO find a CHILD FREE 24 yr old guy there are PLENTY!!!

• Yes, I would and I have :)

Would you? Or do you have kids yourself?

• yes i would! But she's gotta be a pretty amazing person if you ask me 😁

• To make it up for the kids? hahaha :D

• Sure if I liked him enough!

• Not yet, because I'm only 19 and I can hardly even take the responsibility for a dog and myself 😝 but later in life, sure :)

• I would because I have nothing against single parents, or children. Plus, why would I ignore a good connection with someone just because they have children?

• I loved your answer. Good chemistry is undeniable.

• I know and it annoys me when people ignore good chemistry just because someone else has kids.

• Yes I would. I'd never say no to someone I had a connection with just because they have children. You're investing in a partner you get everything that comes with them even if it's beautiful kids :)

• I agree! i like your bright side of looking at things

• Yes but they need to be over 8 years old.

• Nope, not a chance.

• hmm.. i don't know. maybe.. if he is just sooooooooooooooooooo awesome..

• At my age, most men already do.

• Depends.

If he is still in contact with the mother of his kid, nope.

If the kid is a rebellious teen, nope.

If it's a newborn or toddler, yes.

• No.
    Just too much responsibility for someone else - especially when you don't know them well.

• Well I have a child, so yes, I would.

• no i am too young and even when i am older probably not. because i want to travel the world and get an education before settling down and having kids

• I would definitely date a guy who has kids as long as there isn't a bad situation with the kids' mom

• Sure I would. I like kids so someone having one is not a deal breaker.

• Is not bad being in a relationship if your partner has a kid already but I wouldn't I'm to young for that.

• It depends

• No. Too much history and issues probably

• Yes- if they were overall attractive to me it wouldn't change my opinion

• I never want children so unless their children were already grown then no I wouldn't.

• No, I wouldn't.

• yes i would

• No I wouldn't, i'd rather have children that i know is mine..

• Yes, I would.

• yeah, I'd like to see what it was like to be with the kids.

• See, I dated a guy with kids we were great until issues with the mom arise and she basically ruined our relationship. Also we were long distance have a look at my profile for further details it sucks I really liked him.

• Nope, I could never do that.

• More from Girls
    11

What Guys Said 24

• I dated a woman with two children... and I married her. I also had a child of my own.

• Ouch that's kind of hard core I don't think It would last very long. I believe in the original father being a father and being there for there kids even though he's divorced I can't replace the real father I don't think Its right.

• Yes, IF
    *-the children are at least 4 years away from the onset of puberty.
    *-the father (and his mom !) have no visiting rights.

• I would rather someone who didn't have children if I'm being honest. Not so long ago I couldn't really see myself with someone who had kids at all and even now I'm not sure it would work. I am awkward around children and this would surely be a problem in any relationship with a mother. Also if the father was absent or a layabout would she expect me to fill the void? I'm fairly sure I don't want kids of my own, let alone somebody else's.

But then I could be missing out on something fantastic and you never know unless you try, so I wouldn't rule it out altogether.

• I don't have any children but most of the women available at my age have children.

• I wouldn't be with someone with a kid It's a shame with so many teenage mothers becoming those 20 something's with kids

• My criteria for dating a girl with a kid:

-The father has to be paying some child support
    -The father has to be active in the kid's life
    -I won't take the role of the kid's new dad. However I won't mind being a role model
    -She must have one kid only
    -I won't be in charge of raising the kid

• It depend on what i want out of the relationship. If i just want someone to hook up with then sure, why would i care if she has kids or not. If i was looking for a romantic partner to have fun with and take out, hell no. Im not taking care of anyones kids. I dont like kida, i dont like girls who have kids, really big turnoff. Where i live, girls whobare poor have kids. The girls who are looking or have good jobs, or is looking to get a lot out of life, have no kids so i really like that.

• Depends. Adopted, yes. Affair, no.

• No, I'm 18...

• Nope, not going to happen.

• Yep I will definitely date her

• I'd prefer if she doesn't have children, I don't think I'm ready for it... but if she's awesome I might be willing to give it a try

• I have. It's ok. It didn't go far.
    I have kids now, so I'm that guy.

• Nvr in ma life unless i have kids before

• Maybe, I'm not exactly sure.

• No, I want my own kids.

• Nope. I ain't about to take care of someone else's kids.

• NO way Jose !

• Dating a single mother? LOL what a joke! Surely you jest my friend!

• if i loved her.

• Do not trust corrupted memories.

• I don't know probably is she was really cool.

• Only if she was a widow.