What do you think of online dating?

Is it really worth it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's targeted to 2 markets:

1) People who are so busy with life, they have no time to go out and meet people. With online dating, everything is just one click way...easy and not too time consuming

2) Shy people. Online dating allows one to browse through different profiles and it makes it easy to contact the person that you're interested in. And if that person is not interested, they simply don't reply back, no harm done. I'm sure it's much easier dealing with rejection online, just technically, it's not real

There's nothing wrong with online dating. It's not sad, pathetic, etc. It might work for some people. There's nothing wrong with trying it, you have nothing to lose

What Girls Said 6

• I think so I have a boyfriend for 17 months now and were great together. If it feels right to you. Then do it. Everyone is different. Weight you options and see what feels right to who you are.

• I don't think so... unless you are at a point where you want to settle down tomorrow

• No

• i think its worth it but at some point it needs to go from online to real dating

• nnot at all in my opinion.. you nevr know hey could b a psycho murderer are sumthin

• its mainly women desprate to settle down due to lonliness. that and reli ugly ones

What Guys Said 5

• Iv met 3 girls from online dating sites 1 was really desperate to have a bf,1 was kinda weird and that's saying something coming from me and the other told me things that I didn't want to know within the first hour of knowing her in fact things I never wanted to know. Its really a crap shoot and seems more frustrating for girls as it sounds like most guys are just their for sex.

• I don't think the online dating sites are worth the money. If speed dating events are in your area, they're cheap and a lot of fun. You'll meet some interesting people.

• If you're bored and have nothing to do, it can be fun to put together a little profile and message all the chicks you think are hot. I've met girls I wished I never met and I've met the girl I'm still with 3 years later and married. Now some smart web savy person needs to make a site that is directed towards casual sex like adultfriendfinder.com and free like plentyoffish.com

• short answer?

NOPE. its not worth it.

• i know like 5 people who have tried it...4 out of 5 of them got married