Should you always put career before dating?

Or should you give them equal attention?

• Career over dating - forget about dating
  • Both equal

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont see why people m, able such a big deal out of putting either on hold. just go about your life and if you meet someone get to know them and see them as often as you can and want to. if you end up not having enough time for them or they for yo then you'll move on., but there's no need to stop it before it starts.

i think if someone really likes you then they'd rather be with you than not. A working person still has some free time. you rioter want top spend that with someone or you dont. i think though if you want too really want to you wot need to ponder if you should or should not.

waiting doesn't save time in the long run bc you'll like;y end up breaking up sand looking rather than guests establishing a healthy relationship. bc your relationships are only going to be as successful as you are wise. hard to gain wisdom without experience. in addition thinking relationships and work after enemies will put you in a very dam, aging mind set.

healthy relationships compliment your life,. not obstruct it.

playing games wastes time no matter what you're doing, but if were talking adult respectful honest open communication relationships, there should be nothing to fear.

:)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well. my honest opinion is yes, career should be put before dating, love, marriage, relationships. Why? yes I have my logical reasons as well:

1. Money and having a stable career is very important and to me more important than having a good social life, like dating, relationships, marriage etc. I am not saying these things are not important but then money and career are more important than this, because it's fine it's fine if you don't have a woman in your life, it's fine if you don't have a soul mate, or your lover, it's fine if you never get married you can still live your life successfully and manage everything.

2. From point 1... However if you have a very good social life, you have your love, you are married to the most wonderful woman on earth, but you don't have enough money to manage things, your career is unstable then what's the point? will your woman be happy? No, she won't be. There is no point is dating or having any relationships if you don't have money or if you are not having a stable career. Hence the reverse is not possible

3. Hence having more than enough money and a stable career is much more important than just dating, or having romantic relationships or any sort of relationships.

4. However if you can have both in your life then there is nothing like it.

5. Please don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that one must live their life only money and career. No, money isn't everything, but money is important, a stable career is important. That's what I mean.

Yes, my answer is one should put their career before relationships, dating. This is only my subjective view.

What Girls Said 33

• I don't think so, I'd personally choose love over career ♡ But it depends on the person, their values in life and priorities.

• TBH it depends on your priorities. If you don't care about love and relationships, then put your career at the forefront of your life.

But if you are like me and want a partner and companionship, then put relationships ahead of everything else. I tried to focus just on my career and I was miserable. Because what I really wanted was a family of my own. So now I am trying to focus on that. Doesn't mean I'm not trying to help out my career when I can. But a career doesn't keep me warm at night. It doesn't make me happy when I'm sad and it won't hug me when I cry. But that's me.

Other people like the financial freedom of a good career. And it does dry their tears (with money) and give them experiences they couldn't have dreamed of before.

Everyone is different :)

• pikof.com/.../...gard-females-acquire-currency.jpg
    -
    Like, date, and stuff. But don't skip your job cuz whoever wants to cuddle in bed all day.

• i think people need to find balance in their lives. u can put career before dating and have an amazing relationship, and u can also put dating before career and get wonderful grades. everything comes down to time management.
    if one is more passionate about being with their SO, then cool, but they can also look at it from the perspective of 'putting effort towards my career/studies is bound to give me a better life with this SO'

u know? just perspective really. that's what i think.

• I think they are both equally as stressful however I think that the dating game is a bit simpler if you're already established in your career, you have the stability and it's definitely less stressful as opposed to juggling the beginning of a career whilst dating. Depends on how well that the individuals time can be managed and depending on the intesisty of the career.

• Balance is important in everything you do. I would say that it's probably a better idea to focus every so slightly on your career when you're just starting out, but you will burn out very quickly if all you do is work. Interpersonal relationships are important too. I don't think any one thing should take precedence over another for an extended period of time - every now and again, you can blow off work to meet your partner's parents or you can miss a date because you had a deadline. It just shouldn't be a habit.

• your relationship should compliment your career and your significant other should encourage you with your education/career. If that isn't the case then the relationship probably isn't that great.

• It depends what you want to achieve in life and what stage you are at. Just hypothetically thinking someone young would like to achieve on having a stable job and be financially stable. Older people may want to settle down and find someone to be with.

People like the challenge and can have both at the same time. You put effort and time into both and that's how it just works.

• I voted A but it really depends. When you're young and still single your priority should be your career, but when you're in a committed long term relationship you do need to strike a balance. However, you should be with a partner who is supportive of your career goals and is willing to make sacrifices to help you get there. Obviously the reverse is also true and you need to support their choices and goals.

• But is having a partner as important as having a good career?

• Depends on your stage in life. In your twenties it's really not very important to have a partner, but building your career is because you're setting the foundation for your life. Into your thirties it becomes more important to focus on relationships because by that point you should have your life in order and so are able to devote more of yourself to another person.

• The one that's going better is the one you should maybe focus a bit more on - but not ignore the other one.

• It really depends on your values and whether you think you can balance both. There are people who want focus on their careers because some say that love won't put food on the table and a roof over your head. While others say love is the key to happiness. So in essence it really depends on what kind of a person you are.

• Only if you want to end up alone.

• Career is important. So you should should focus on that BUT don't be too engrossed in it.

So, I guess beware of who's around so you don't miss "The one."

;)

#balance

• If a career takes up so much time that dating is impossible, it is probably not worth the money whether you are single or not.

• It depends on you and what you want. What is important to you? No reason why you can't do both and be successful. If you want to take a year and work on establishing a career first and then slowly begin to date then do that.

• your career won't wake up one morning and tell you they love you. so for the right person choose love. you can choose career over love but don't obsess over it no one wants to work themselves into their graves

• it depends how serious you are i guess. if it's just short flings than no those are less important, but if it's a long term committed i wanna marry this person type of thing then dating.

• Career's more important in my opinion.

• I've always thought that if you're single you shouldn't care about dating more (only as in you slack in your job because of it) but if you are with someone, they should be equal. but i dunno. *shrug*

• Career over dating to a certain extent, but never mix business with pleasure

• "but never mix business with pleasure"

Interesting little tidbit there ;)

• For me = Vote A.

ie: I can get a date just by leaving my house. I can't do this with a career.

• Depends on the people. Some can't handle both at the same time.

• Yes, career over dating for me.

• sometimes i wish i put dating before career

• The prerequisite to love is money.

Get dat moneymoney get dat money

• I'm not sure, but my studies are always first.

• You should NEVER put your career before someone you could potentially love

• If you can handle it you do both☺

• It really depends. How serious is the relationship? If you're just casually dating or early on in the relationship, career should absolutely come first. If you've been together for a long time, and plan on spending the rest of your lives together, it can become a bit blurrier.

• I tried to put dating over a career and I still ended up single. I think it's important to do what you love in life but I don't think one should be out over another. I think there needs to be work responsibility and if one chooses to be in a relationship they need to be able to be responsible for what they choose

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 37

• Career over dating. ALWAYS for EVERYBODY.

Once you're married and settled down and whatever... keeping yourself on good terms with your family can be more important than working nights to get that promotion you've convinced yourself you need.

Plus, if you've got a job, it means you've got your act together enough to become datable.

• I'd rather die in the arms of my love than on a pile of money. I don't even think in terms of career. Career is a dirty word to me. It implies being stuck doing the same old thing for decades. Not a life for me. Jobs are easy to come by, but love is not.

• Actually, a dead end job is where you'd be stuck doing the same shit for decades. A career is where you have the opportunity to advance your position or current status/influence. Not that a 'dead end job' is necessarily a bad thing if you actually enjoy what you're doing.

• @Song4TheBroken
      To me, what you are calling a dead end job is a throw away job. You do it for a while to make money. Then you move on to something else. I've probably worked for at least 50 different companies in my life. I've done a wide variety of things, and that's how I like it. To me a job gets boring after six months or so. I have concentrated in a couple of different areas that would probably be called careers. I really liked both, but I could drop either one with no problem. There are always other things I'll like doing.

• Your career will never want you more because of how successful your dating life is. Your dates on the other hand...

• I treat them equally, although if it was a choice between love and a job i'd easily pick love. I used to do a job which essentially consumed my life and while it was secure plus well paid I simply could not stand it nor what affect it had on my social/dating life.

• When you are a young man, focus on your career. Being financially independent will attract more women because you show stability.

• i feel like you can give pretty much equal attention. I work from 9-5 m-f. When I was dating my dating life revolved around that schedule.

• normally would always find a way to balance both, if you truly care about someone, you would find a way.

• If you date the right person, the relationship enhances your career and does not detract from it. If you date the wrong loser (or even worse, marry her, as I did,) it can kill a career.

• Depends on what you want most in life.
    If you want an amazing marriage that lasts until you're 80-120, then you should probably put relationships first whenever possible. You won't be the best in your industry if you do this, but your marriage will be phenomenal.
    If you want to be the best in your field, where anyone anywhere even at different companies utter your name when they have a problem you're qualified to handle. Then you're going to have to put work first damn near all the time.

People can good in a some areas.
    Great in few. But you can only be truly amazing in one and to do that requires dedication.

• I think you should put a career over dating. A career is more likely to last. Dating is overrated. No one can stay with anyone for more than 5 minutes. If there is the slightest problem many people just break up instead of making an effort.

• I'll always put my future over dating. Dating is awesome and it's fun to get close to a woman but she would have to understand my future comes first. I would respect if she was the same way too.

• What good is a fuckin' career without love?

• Ehh. Depends.

Women have their utter prime for dating from 18-24, really. That's when they are their most beautiful, have the most options, and the best chance of getting a husband they'll be happy with. So should they focus on a career during that time period? Ehh, I don't think so.

Men have their dating prime around age 27, 30, if they worked and took care of themselves. That's when they have awesome dating options. Hence, working harder on a career while younger pays off for men.

• I'm done being super nice to people and I'm definitely done going after them. I've realized that life is actually what they say is about. I mean life is what you make up of it. Clearly I'm not sure what I want from my life in the years ahead but I'm definitely working on myself. Doing things that make me happy and over all building a strong character.

• It depends. Does finding a partner mean more to you than furthering your career? Or do you consider furthering your career to be more important than finding a partner? Whichever one means the most to you should obviously be the thing you focus more attention towards.

• I consider them equal

• Well, try your best to divide your time towards pursuing them both equally. Personally, I will ALWAYS put furthering my career before dating. For the simple reason that I don't EVER want another relationship for as long as I live. I'm absolutely content to be single for the rest of my life, but that's just me.

• 0|0
  • Career first, all the way...
    Unless dating lands you a multi-millionaire 😝😝😝

• I'm stuck there now. I'm trying to balance the two and it's hard. I think love is the best thing to achieve at the end of the day buy you not going to find it without money. So you need to work on both. I actually have a structured plan that focuses on my goals, work and hobbies. I watch no TV ha ha.

• And there's me thinking it's entirely possible to find love without money. I wasn't aware that they were intrinsically linked. Silly me.

• for men, a successful career plus social skills equals success in dating. women, career tends to get in the way of dating and a dissonance occurs between societies expectations and her inner wants.

• A raging fire consumes the village, burning everything in its path. So does this death await us all. Neither rank nor riches can save us now.
    - Chinese saying

• You should give them equal attention. I'm currently making the mistake of putting my career over dating, and I'm paying for it. I hope to cut it off by getting a new job soon.

• You should try to find the delicate balance between the two.

• I say equal attention, people need to have a delicate balance!

• Whichever you flipping feel like! There is no right or wrong answer to what should be your priority

• There can be a balance whit dating and studying a carrier. Both of them have a high level of importance however depend of how you view life you might choose one over the next.

• Career before... since people die in my line of work.

• You have to look out for yourself first. Your career will be the thing that will support yourself and whoever you might wanna date or be in a relationship with.

• Well my career planning is going good no girl Is interested so I really haven't had to worry about the relationship part which I'm grateful for

• I think your money has to be taken care of if you're talking about anything serious...

a lot of the people on this site are in high school, so...

• Money keeps a roof over my head; a relationship doesn't.
    I'd rather look for work before a relationship.

• Relationships are work, sometimes the hardest job you'll ever have trying to keep and maintain it

• I never implied that you weren't working... simply gave ideas on how to manage both school/career and your love interest

• More from Guys
    7