How to stop being insecure?

Hey,

Im 17 years old, and I've never been in a relationship, never kissed a girl, never done anything more than hug. Id say i'm not ugly, but im not the hottest guy out, im kinda around average, but im really smart. For the last two years I've liked quite a few girls and almost everytime I've been hurt from it. For the past 3 months I've been getting to know this girl who seems perfect, way better and more down to the earth than the rest, and i know shed never want to hurt me. We're pretty close to going out now. But i keep struggling with the fact that i have gotten this far with a girl. I keep doing stupid things. Like tomorrow is her birthday and she hadn't replied to our conversation today for about an hour, I had a relapse and memory loss and sent her a text saying sorry i completely forgot it was your birthday today. Happy Birthday! I just do things because im too afraid she's going to hurt me like the other girls, so im trying to prevent it but im just making it worse. Can anyone relate to this, or help me out?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are so young. You have so much time to experience everything you want to. I know it can be difficult to trust people, especially when you've been hurt before, but I've found the best way to deal with it is to try and be confident in whatever you have. This girl seems to like you and one little thing you do which you might think is wrong shouldn't change that. Just try to worry less about things and let things happen the way they are supposed to. I know that can be hard to do, but it's probably the best way to keep yourself from going insane. And remember that you're still really young and have a lot of time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't directly satisfy individuals' needs. Be a person that looks positive to everyone. Including your own gender.
    Don't give girls so much priority. They like it if a guy minds his own life and he's not desperately and explicitly looking for a girl.
    Be random about when you message them. Girls hate pre-calculateable shits.
    And when you do message or surprise them, make sure you really want that and your words have more content in them than silence. Have a real life so you actually have something to talk about.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0