How long does it take you to say "I love you"?

With a poll this time! Also, just choose the answer closest to what it takes you. (i. e. If it takes you three weeks, choose the one month option)

• One week
  • One month
  • Two months
    Vote C
  • Three months
    Vote D
  • Four-six months
    Vote E
  • Six months-one year
    Vote F
  • More than one year
    Vote G
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Okay, yes, I agree that love has no set time and you don't have a specific time when you say it, but I was asking in general. From your experience, on average, how long did it take you to say "I love you"?

Sorry for the confusion!

2021

Most Helpful Guy

• Quite a while.. I have to truly mean it. Those words carry a lot of weight. I'm not someone who casually throws it around.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not the quantity of time, it's the quality of time.

What Guys Said 20

• What is wrong with people that this keeps coming up. If your putting a time on it then it is NOT love. you cannot put a time limit on feelings. Most of the people that answered this are simply saying the words because they feel they should. If you truly love someone you can NEVER NOT LOVE THEM. That is very serious and significant. You can end up loving them differently, but you can never say " I don't love you anymore". If you can, that was never love. So stop trying to put a timeline on it.

• About 2 seconds :)

• There is no set time, love has no timer it may happen with weeks, month or even years. It could happen at the perfect moment or the most surprising one. But there is no set time.

• Until it's true. No set amount of time

• Over 6 months up to a year depends how much talking we do everyday

• 😢😢😢
    I wouldn't like to say it instead I would probably try to make her feel that I love her πŸ’• I love you 😍

• Around 3 months but it depends

• Hang on a sec.
    ... One and a half seconds.

• I honestly don't know, but when I say it, I mean it

• I don't know, I've never had to :)

• Not until I mean it.

• 3 seconds ;-)

• Until i love her😞

• In gag few seconds
    In real life years

• I love you there 1 sec

• About half a second usually, unless they stutter

• It takes me a month to figure it out. Though sometimes it can be shorter, or longer so.

• Never, I don't believe in love, and I'm not going to lie to her.

• I never say it.

• Shortest for me was a minute, longest was three months.

What Girls Said 19

• You mean how long into a relationship? It would take a while but there's no set time limit, it's just whenever I start feeling it. I'm not the type to just throw the word "love" around like it's meaningless. So, when I say it, it's completely genuine.

• I've never told a guy I love them before and my longest relationship was about 7 months. I'd say it will take me about 6months to a year to get there.

• Too long... I should really get on that asap.
    (Together for a year and 10 months, neither of us have said it. x_x )

• id rather show it. i dont like saying it. dont see the point.

• 2 seconds at most..

• That's not how it works

• My boyfriend said it on our first date (freaked me out) but I took a couple months to say it back. He claims he was thinking it and it just came out. Lol. I was thinking it but wasn't gonna say it.

• My boyfriend didn't say i love you to me until about four months into knowing each other and we didn't say it consistantly almost every day until 8 months inπŸ˜‹

• it depends... on the person i'm with... how my feelings develop... it can be fast, it can be slow

• Not until I feel it. But... it's been about 3 to 4 months, in the past.

• I'm usually not the first. And sometimes even if I love the person, I don't feel like saying it.

• It takes me a long time. The word "love" scares me

• It took only a week to tell my boyfriend I love you. We been friends for 15 years so it felt natural to say it right away.

• I really don't know, dont exactly have a set time, i just say it when i truly mean it :)

• Don't lie :O she said it hour 1, day 1, week 1, year 1 Asker bahahaha :") :* I love you Zo :*

• It takes me 2 or 3 months. When I say it, I mean it.

• varies but I've never said it first!

• TBH I have a hard time admitting I love someone. I'm scared they won't feel the same, because it's happened to me so many times. I fall in love with a person quickly. I realize most people take longer so I wait. Then I become too scared to say anything because I fear they won't love me back or that they will get upset. It's irrational to feel this way in my opinion but I've had some really bad experiences.

• Nope I learned my lesson
    I'm never telling a guy I love him ever again
    I been there done that, I had my heart played after saying "I love you" I'm never doing that again

• Like a month or two