When should I put myself first here?

I'm usually good about putting myself first and taking care of myself and my priorities, in other words "not setting myself on fire to keep others warm," (from a quote I saw lol) but I'm 15, almost 16, and I've never really wanted a boyfriend up until now... well, maybe I did, just not in the way I do now. Like, now, I'm walking in the hallways, and I just really want someone to kiss and talk to and stuff, I'm starting to crave emotional intimacy and I know it's not coming from a place of insecurity, rather from a place of completeness inside and a true sense of self-identity and stuff.

Anyways, one of the reasons why I've never dated any guys is because half of them show signs of being a fuckboy (I read actions, not words) and the other half are down for relationships, but have dated my friends. (I consider a lot of girls to be my friends) so this one girl I'm friends with is dating this guy and I think I like him and would like to date him. I know he likes me as a person too because he's mentioned it before he dated her.

I'm just not sure if/when they break up if I should try and get him? When is it okay for me to start finding guys and putting myself first in a situation like this?

Maybe I should ask myself: Who do I value more, the friend or the boy? And usually I answer the friend, but I really like him... :( I'm not suuper close to her actually, I just don't want to cause a rift between us/mutual friends...

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0