Boyfriend forgot my birthday... how do I deal with this?

Hi guys, so we have been dating for 5 months. Is it too soon to expect him to remember and wish me on my birthday? I'm hurt, but was wondering if I'm expecting too much too soon. My birthday was today, and for the whole day, all I got was a text saying, "really busy, message you later". How do I even go about dealing with this or even stating it to him that he forgot my birthday?

Most Helpful Guy

• saveourschoolsnz.files.wordpress.com/.../...rs.jpg

Unless you never made it known to him (which I doubt). He should have remembered called at the very least.

Happy Birthday!!

• We shared our birthdates at the beginning. But never spoke about it later on. So that's why I'm confused as to should I even be mad about this.

• And thanks you for the birthday wish :)

Most Helpful Girl

• ooh damn, i still think even 5 months you should ready know enough about each other to remember a birthday..

What Guys Said 5

• Thats bad no excuse for that No way he could forget unless your a part time dater with him. How much dob you guys talk anyway?

• We talk every day. And he says he pays attention to my every word, but at this point it's really hard to believe.

• That even makes It much worse drop him right now get it over with

• ... it's nothing special or worth celebrating, especially not for women. It just means you're getting old. What kind of boyfriend wants to remind their partner they're getting old and wrinkly? Not me, that's for sure.

• Wayyy too soon hun.

• Find a way of dropping it into general conversation?

I wouldn't make a big deal out of it though. He is only human and you haven't even been together long.

• Don't be offended by that, men and women are different in many ways you have faced just with one unpleasant exapmple (there are many).
    Basically majority of men don't cares much about thing like that (berhday,

• Anniversary, significant dates etc.). Looks like he is (probably) a person who prefer use action rather than "mere words".

What Girls Said 2

• I'd be mega pissed off

• Not cool...

• I know. I usually don't let anything bother me. But for some reason, this is bugging me.