New work orders are causing some relationship problems?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half, so not very long. I joined mu countries army 5 months ago. It's been 5 months since I have been home, but throughout that time my boyfriend has been able to visit me twice. We decided to get married, so that we could be together and save up for a home. Well, I picked my orders which will have me living on the opposite coast of where my boyfriend lives. It's a 5 hour flight.

He kind of shut down on me when I told him. Thing is, I chose these specific orders to get him out of the area that we were living togeth in. I've told him that, but he was still very unsupportive. I called off our "engagement party" next month, because I feel that in my heart he's not ready. I know that I am also distancing myself. I'm not sure what to do right now. He's a two hour flight away and I'm here prepping for my new location. Will my relationship end because of this?

He broke up with me two weeks before boot camp and wanted to get back together a month into it. I kind of figured he had some idea of what he setting himself up for.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Keep sending him ads on places to work near your next deployment to meet up there. If you keep moving around, it's tough to quit & get hired for a guy, so help as much as possible with this.