Will I like being station in Darwin, Australia?

I am a U. S. marine and there is a high possibility that I might be stationed in Darwin, Australia very soon. I am asking this question because I know there are many Australians in this site. In fact, I think this site is originated in Australia. Is Darwin, Australia a fun place. From what i've read so far, it seems like there are not many people in the north territory. I wish the base would be closer to Sydney, but I guess they dont want us to be too close to the Australian people. Would a Aussie girl date a U. S. marine? Also, what do Australians think of having a U. S. base in Australia?

Most Helpful Girl

• Girlsaskguys was pretty much established in America. So the majority of the audience on this site would be American but it's open to the entire world.

Darwin is hot all year round. Pretty secluded but certain towns are here and there. Australian girls are open to date anyone they like. I wouldn't see how an Australian girl wouldn't like to date some who is int he US marine. You just need to find the right girl who likes you for you.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know. I do know that I went to Australia several years ago, and they seem to like young Americans. I'm guessing if you're a soldier, that might like you even more. As far as do they like US military in their lands? You'll need to ask them. I stayed mostly in or near Sydney when I went Down Under. Would an Aussie girl date a US marine? I guess you would have to ask them.

What Girls Said 1

• You will love it! Darwin is beautiful and full of young people. Lots of night life and lots of sight seeing!

What Guys Said 3

• It will be very hot and extremely humid in Darwin. This site originated in America I think by a Turkish guy. I believe some Aussie girls would date a US marine. As for your last question I don't know sorry.

• Darwin does not really have a hot and cold season but it does have a wet and dry season. Tropical climate and is very very humid a lot of the time.

• Darwin is meh. Expect to be bored out of your mind. Aussie girls might date a US Marine, but we don't think as highly of you as we do of our own troops. Not by a long shot.

As for what we think of having a US base in Australia? Well... I know you guys saved our asses back in WW2, and we thank you for that, but seriously, you're starting to overstay your welcome.

• I believe its Robertson Barracks, its enjoyable so long as you enjoy the dust and dirt haha. I am in the Australian Defense Force and spent some time at the Barracks and things were alright, minus the heat. It does get killers over there.
    Its a 6 month rotational roster so just when your getting used to the weather you'll be shipping out.
    As for what we think, no worries, mate. All the guys I've met were top blokes, no complaints. Have fun