An old man recently asked my young sister out (she's 18). Does he just want sex, or could he be legitimately interested in her?

0|0
5|5

Most Helpful Guy

• Some older guys get tired of trying to find a woman around their age to fit their needs. Then, an older guy can consider dating someone younger than them to tell her what he's looking for in a relationship.
    A younger person still have a lot of growing up to do so a lot of time the relationship don't go to well depending on the maturity level.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He could be looking for Sex, of course she is '18,' but if they have started a nice repore and more, he could too be looking for companionship, marriage, someone to care for his kids if he is a widow.
    I had a cousin who was in her late twenties, and she one time, took on a Nice and healthy 'Relationship' with a 75 year old man with just Intelligent conversations and light dinners and things of this Non naughty nature.
    Good luck. xx

1|0
    1|1
    • so a 18 years old girl could have a healthy relationship with a let me say 52 years old man?

• Show All
    • You said he is 4 years old and you said yes :o

• @iamyourneighbor Oh, my bad.. he is 44..:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 4

• Define "Old man".

2|1
    1|0
    • 20 years older than her

• Well it could be:

1. Mid-life crisis
      2. He genuinely likes her and finds her attractive because all the women in his age group are jaded, pressuring him for marriage after the 4th date, and don't look as pretty anymore.
      3. May seem entitled now that he has money that he can snag younger women who would not have looked at him or gave him a chance in his younger days.
      4. Wants a relationship he can control because women his age group won't tolerate his shit.

• excellent options!

• ... wtf is your sister doing talking to a man in that age range? Your sister sounds like the typical gold-digger-you should be concerned for her behavior, if she wouldn't be around men that age then stuff like this wouldn't happen.

1|2
    2|0
  • He is probably legitimately interested, because an 18-year-old can make an old man fall in love immediately, ha ha!

0|0
    2|0
  • That's weird

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• The likelihood of him just wanting sex is much higher than the likelihood of him wanting to be serious with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • He sounds like a pedophile..

1|0
    0|0
  • How much older are we talking? 10 years? 5 years? I think he just wants sex

0|0
    0|0
  • lol, no. He's not legitimately interested in her. When you're in your 30s or older, 18 year olds are essentially still children. What does a 38 year old have in common with an 18 year old? Similar interests? Similar goals? Similar life experience? Similar place in life? No, that's extremely unlikely. If a 38 year old is trying to go out with an 18 year old, it's for sex and/or because he sees her as naive and more easily manipulated, and/or because women his own age wouldn't put up with his shit.

0|0
    0|0