Can a casual hookup turn into a relationship?

So I've been hooking up with this guy for a little while now, and we never said just sex or no strings attached.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Girl

• if there are no terms to your 'relationship' then maybe but I think you need to have a chat and see what is said x

What Guys Said 10

• yep. saw it happen plenty in college. And in a few of those cases the two people eventually got married

• ... No, I would never take a girl who would agree to a "casual hookup" as serious girlfriend in the first place. She would be nothing more than a casual hookup.

• It's possible, but I would never do it. She's just a hookup, that's how I see her, and I will always be sure to let her know it's just gonna be that.

• Yes casual sex can lead into something more

• It's possible but unlikely

• You know the physical attraction is already there so why not? You may just need some time to get know the person is all!

• Absolutely

• didn't work too well for me

keep it loosey goosey
    (the relationship, not your vagina)

• For sure, just make sure it's not turning into a sexual relationship.

• hook up = sex toy = worthless for any serious things

What Girls Said 8

• I'm sure it's possible. I know a guy who said the best relationships he ever had stemmed from a really good casual hookup. Love can be found in sometimes the most unexpected places.

• 6 out of ten in the united states.

• lol @ people answering 'maybe'

you're asking if they cannot if they will.. asking if they can is like asking if they might.

• I've been sleeping with a guy for over a year now. We always sleep together when we see each other but we go on dates, hang out with his mates and family. I'm not sure what we are but I reckon it's more than a hookup

• yes maybe, just maaaaybe

• It depends if both people want it to or not

• My best friend and her boyfriend started hooking up two years ago. As far as know they are very happy together.

I slept with my boyfriend the first time we met and it was his first ever time. We've been in a relationship for a couple months now.

• Anything is possible but I'm not willing to take the risk

• It can but it's less likely. The odds that it's just for sex are higher. When he wants a relationship he will make it clear.

• not true. people often do first troll later. there's no reason to assume anyone will make anything clear when they want it. people often do the opposite bc its whats taught. hold your cards close to your heart etc.