I asked my boyfriend to hang out and he replies sure?

I haven't seen my boyfriend since Wednesday. he went away for the weekend and got back this morning. he asked if I wanted to work out with him today and I said do u want to hang out and he replied sure. to me him saying sure doesn't sound like HD wanted to. am I the only one? am I over analyzing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you are over analyzing. If you guys are already together, and he reply sure to your invitation, it means that he can be flexible about it.

I see that you gave him two options. In this situation, when he replied sure, it means he can do either hang out/work out or he can do both.

There is nothing to worry about.

• but what do you mean flexible about it? so your suggesting his intention was only to work out?

• The day that you suggested to work out with him may not be the best day that works for him, thus he will reply sure meaning that he would prefer another day but is willing to make up time in his busy schedule to see you. Thus, he is flexible about it.

• I understand that. and I said If you don't want to hang out I understand. I know you had a long weekend. he goes I'm sorry to be confusing I figured when I said let's work out it would include hanging out.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't understand?

Yes=sure=okay=yup=yeah=mhmm=yesh=yes please!

All are indicators of acceptance or positive thought on a subject.

You're over analyzing lol

What Guys Said 3

• Na your over analyzing. Often times I say sure enthusiastically when some one asks me to hang out. Your assumption would be correct if he said "eh sure".

• Not only you're overanalyzing. You're wrong.

• Sure: (Shoor) adj. confident in what one thinks or knows; having no doubt that one is right.

Quit overthinking it. He said sure.

What Girls Said 1

• Your over analyzing. That's probably just his way of saying "yeah I'll do it."

I say sure all the time. Doesn't mean i'm not interested just that's how i say yes i want to do it, lol.