Who else hates being single?

I sure do and I am tired of it. I am getting afraid it will be like this forever.

I am not desperate to go into an abusive relationship just because I don't want to be single forever and that is the closest thing to a relationship I could ever get. I am tired of being asked if I ever want to settle down.

Most Helpful Guy

• Being single sucks, but it's better than being with the wrong person.

• I have seriously considered dating the wrong person just so I am not alone.

• ... which I would have by now, but again, I've not even been able to do that...

• I am glad I did not though my self esteem cannot afford to get any lower.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the worst thing when a person is single is all the questions they get about when they are going to get into a relationship. It just makes people feel even worse about their situation, especially if they are actively trying to find a partner.

I dislike being single. But sometimes it happens and there isn't much I can do about it when it does happen. Other than get back out there and try again.

I feel the same way as you in that I feel that sometimes I will be alone forever.

But I've been in an abusive situation before and I can tell you that it's far better to be single than in an abusive situation. You feel utterly helpless and there isn't much you can do other than leave. But sometimes you don't even have the option of leaving and you have to face the abuse every day. It really is a terrible situation to be in.

I was dating a guy who used to get mad and smash dishes if I didn't cook dinner for him and wait on him hand and foot. I would refuse regularly as it's not my job to wait on someone, I have a life too. Even if I am a guy's girlfriend, it's not my place to cook and clean for him 24/7. I also worked full time and was doing classes.

He would get upset if I took time for myself. So it just got really terrible. He would call me mean things and send me nasty messages while I was at work. It hurt my performance at work as well and I ended up losing my job.

I couldn't leave because I had no money and no where to go. Luckily we broke up and that helped a bit.

What Guys Said 19

• I really don't mind being single. I'm happy with myself. I'm the type of person who doesn't really think about it until a woman gives him some signs that she may be interested then I start thinking about it again haha

• Yep. Being single sucks.
    Sometimes you just want to have a little intimacy, and have someone you want to make smile.

• All I want is to make someone happy regardless of what it takes. I'm very good at making others happy but can't figure out how to make myself happy. The only thing that works for me is seeing the smile of someone who's day I've made, I want to wake up next to someone I can do that and fall asleep with them at night. I'm not with the effort for someone to make happy, but let me make someone else happy, please. That's all I ask.

• I would have thought I'd be in one by now but all the women I come across are either not attractive enough, are bitches, or don't put in any effort and I refuse to settle.

• Well I can't even get dates, indications of interest, or even a platonic female friend for that matter (despite trying in the past). That's what bothers me more than simply the condition of being "single".

• It's lonely, that's for certain. Been a long time now for me, and it really makes you wonder. I'm still trying, though. What choice have i got?

• How long has it been? Have you been celibate all of that time? How has that worked out?

• @brain5000 Around 4 years I guess. Yes, I have, though it hasn't been by choice. I live in a really small southern US town, and there aren't many social outlets here unless you like going to church or to redneck bars (i don't). My friends from high school moved away or started families, which shrank my social circle considerably. Things have started to improve since I started college though.

• Ehhh it gets old after a while.

• For every person being tired of being single, there's another regreting not being single anymore :)

• Dislike maybe but, I don't hate it. I've found my own balance when it comes to being single. Sure I've gone crazy a few times but the imaginary friends are always up for a good time.

• I'm tired of it too. Most girls suck and the good ones always date the bad boy, so I'm screwed

• bwa nah, at the moment I'm too busy with me and my

• It hurts more knowing you're not what women want at all. In my 24 years, despite doing things to improve myself girls want absolutely want nothing to do with me and find me repulsive

• I felt the same way man, but then I realized that I actually turned down girls quite a bit, and it was time for me to admit that. Not saying you did that too, but not having a partner doesn't mean that you are a lesser person.

• I'm hating it also, now, to be honest, ha ha!

• Oh boy does it suck sometimes. Sometimes I'm miserable and would kill for some level of affection from the opposite sex. Though I have learned to enjoy the peace and quiet as well, so there are some pros. No drama, no pressure to look or act your best, it can be rather relaxing.

It's not the best thing in the world, but it certainly won't last forever. I'm sure you will find a guy who will make you feel awesome, just hang in there.

• I hate it as I want to be with someone.

• I hate being single, too. I don't know what to do about it.

• Me 😊😅😔😩

• i really dont care

• I hate being single but I also am not into the things the rest of this generation is like snapchat and texting, etc. So I could be single for a while because people who love their phones drive me crazy. So I'll probably be single for a while, but I'm sure there''s someone out there for me. I'm sure there's someone for you too.

• That's like the WORST reason to try and get a boyfriend

• That's like the dumbest answer I've read on this site.

• @R3d_Anonymous I'm glad you agree

Being happily single would be a retarded reason to get a girlfriend/boyfriend, it would be pointless.

• @Gommers couldn't have said it better myself.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, but being single is good too, you get to take the time you need, so when you're ready you'll know and you'll know it's the right time. I got so caught up in being hurt, that I just kept searching and found myself going through so much hurt that I had to take a step back for MYSELF. Sometimes you lose yourself, so it's good to be single.

• Depends on the day. What really helps me feel happy to be single is listening to my coupled-up friends bitch about their Partners... and going on Dates, because holy shit, there are some extremely boring People out there. Better be single than with boring, right? At the same time... yes... Hearing all this "You're so lucky to have all this free time!" "Being single must be really fun!" from People who would not know what single feels like if someone whacked them over the head with it is incredibly irritating. Personally, I feel that replying with something along the lines of "if it Looks like so much fun, maybe you should break up with your Partner and try being single!" is both appropriate and quite satisfying.

Chin up... at least you are not one of those poor souls forever bitching about how tough their relationship is. That, I feel, is a pretty good indicator that when you do meet someone you consider interesting, it would be less likely to be an abusive or unsatisfying relationship.

• im ok with it to be honest. I'm not desperate for a relationship. when it comes, it comes.

• Single... in a relationship... don't feel much of a difference.

• I don't hate it, I just wish I had a dick to play with when I want to.

• Well sometimes it's better to be alone to figure yourself out and make sure your ready and not just bring ready cause you worried you might never have a bf/gf
    I mean if your not ready how are you going to handle being with someone else

• I don't hate being single but when there is a guy I really want to be with then it sucks :(