Would you get mad at your boy/girlfriend if they lied about you being their first?

Lets say when you first started dating someone they claimed they never dated anyone before and they were pretty much making it sound like "oh i was so lonely before. nobody ever liked me." And they claimed that you were their first relationship, first kiss, first everything.
How would you react if you found out later that they lied about all of that and they actually had many relationships before this?

Most Helpful Guy

• It would really depend on details. It could mean they were just a manipulator and then I would be mad. Or if they had some bad relationships before and I understood why they were trying to keep those secret, I think I could work something out.

How did you find this out? Do you know how far the other relationships went? Maybe you really were the first serious one?

• Well when me and my boyfriend first met he acted extremely shy, when i told him i liked him he was shocked and basically told me how he's always been this lonely shy kid and how he thought he would be lonely forever and that he never imagined anyone liking him in that way. He told me I was his first kiss and first girlfriend. Then recently I met one of his exes online and someone told me he used to go around and flirt with and kiss every girl he met

• It could definetly be a trust issue, it's just something you will have to decide how big a deal it is. Maybe something happened and he would like to forget the past? Still, lying to you is not the way to do it. You should confront him and see if he is willing to be honest

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd leave him. Immediately.

What Guys Said 1

• That would raise some serious trust issues for me if he is lying about something as dumb as that then he could be hiding a lot more. A good relationship is built on trusting the other person.

What Girls Said 3

• I would probably doubt everything they said from then on and even question things they'd said before. It would destroy my trust.

• Yes, I don't appreciate being lied to but especially if the lie was a tool of manipulation and made me believe something about them that was completely false.

• No cause I should've know their background before I said yes to going out with them