Girls and Guys what is your ideal first date?

Interested to see if girls and guys generally have similar expectations or desires for a first date.

So what is your idea of a good first date?

thanks for all the answers and thought put into them. It appears most people enjoy doing something that really encourages intimate conversation on the first date... Couldn't agree more with that.

I personally always tried to keep physical intimacy (kissing, sex, etc) out of a first date so it didn't cloud my judgment of our other connections (or disconnections)

Most Helpful Girl

• He picks me up at my house. We dress nice. He brings me one flower. We go out to dinner at a nice place, it doesn't have to be expensive.

He opens the car door for me and opens it when i get out. He opens the restaurant door and pulls out my chair. We sit and talk 2 to 3 hours over dinner AND he can ask "probing" questions, not shallow stuff like did you like the weather today?

No movie afterwards. He drives me home, he doesn't try to kiss me, and he calls the next day to see if I want to go out again.

What I usually get is a cheap dinner and we go to the drivein. We don't talk much, he makes a move on me, my stupid "body" takes over and wants him to kiss me, we end up making out, and either have sex at the drivein or i make him stop on the way home and he fucks my brains out.

We go out for maybe six months tops, having sex everytime, sometimes more than once, he gets me drunk and sometimes stoned/wasted and after a couple months he finds some girl with bigger breasts, nicer/sexier hips, and a killer butt and i get dumped.

I go through major rebound, hook up with a loser, get dumped, get depressed. and repeat it all over again with another loser that only sses me basically as a semen recepticle and "arm candy" of the moment.

I can say now that my current boyfriend is going to be my husband coz we actually are right for each other and have been together 7 months. He has even had some fertility surgery done 2 times for me!

What Girls Said 35

• Put-putting would be so cute :) a little friendly competition is always fun. After we build up an appetite, we could eat at a small, hole-in-the-wall type of restaurant or coffee shop (nothing too expensive) and get to know each other more.

If it's in the winter time, replace put-putting with ice skating. I've always liked the idea of doing an activity on a first date because it takes some of the pressure off.

• Low key.

My first date with my current boyfriend was Homecoming which was very much not low key... except we did go out for pizza beforehand and I did eat an entire pizza to myself and helped him with his... which made him mad because he wanted it all lol

Anywho...

The first date we went on after was more my speed. We went to a park and walked around and played on the playground like the derps that we are. It was delightful.

• That's impressive eating an entire pizza before homecoming? I'd feel so sluggish trying to dance and party after that

• also wondering more about what your ideal first date would be... so like a hypothetical fun first date

• I like outdoor activities. Hiking, horse riding, etc. Then getting a light thing like coffee or a salad. Something where there's no end time. That way you can leave sooner (after the hike) or later (after coffee) depending on the date.

• Something that allows us to talk and get to know each other. I prefer to walk around, so a park, hike, museum, or just window shopping around town is really fun for me. Fancy dates are for more serious things, like celebrations or popping the question. First dates are casual for me. I want us both to be comfortable and have an easy time being ourselves.

• I agree. I like dinner and then a walk or some activity (like museums) followed by dinner

• I LOVE to go to a good beer place, where they play good music (not too loud though), so we can sit, drink, talk and laugh :D

• Something involving action like climbing or rafting.. house running would be something super cool that I'd like to do with someone else one day, too. It's also a good test to find out whether they got guts and if we actually fit together in that way because I'm an adrenaline junkie 😏

• Well first of all, I love when a man says, "get dressed we're going somewhere" & surprises me instead of saying, "what do you want to do? It's up to you." So, I would say he either calls or tells me in person (not via text) to get dressed & surprises me. Comes to my door, walk me to the car & open my door. He definitely has to be a gentleman. I'm very adventurous & a daredevil. I would say going bungee jumping, jumping out of a plane, riding a scary roller coaster or anything fun & scary. We can have dinner, doesn't matter where. I really wouldn't care to go to a restaurant. He takes me home, open my door & walk me up to my door.

• The movies

• a lot of people are down on movies as a first date. I like them. I don't think that should be the whole date but a movie and then dinner afterwards can give you a lot to talk about... plus you are in the dark and it's kind of intimate

• i mean intimate in the sense that you are sitting close to each other... not making out and such

• Lol oh well I don't know about that either cause I kinda lean cause I get nervous being near someone at first

• We meet up early in the day, go paintballing, then when I kick his/her ass at that we go out for food, (s/he pays but I tip) then we head to their house and create a blanket fort, have a nerf gun war. When that's done we eat some more, watch Netflix and cuddle, then we lay together outside and star gaze. But if I really like them just spending time with them would be great.

• Something random. Just find him/her somewhere and then see where the destiny takes us.
    Planning is never good. Randomness is the best thing

• Something that keeps the conversation filled so you don't have to worried about awkward moments. (Like an aquarium or movie) And something special not just another date, something memorable.

• I know this is weird, but I'd like to go fishing. We'd have a picnic if we got hungry while it was happening.

• fishing is actually a great idea. it gives you time to talk while doing something without a lot of distractions. I imagine it would be a really good way to get to know someone

• Well you know some surfing, jumping of airplanes, swimming with dolphins, taking pictures at bora bora... Now the realistic one probably a place that you can talk totally not the theatre, I nice walk in the park would be fine if I like the guy

• I want something simple, not too long, and allows me space (I wouldn't want to be really close up on my date)

So, maybe a walk in the park (maybe a garden walk around thing to get the jitters out) and a light brunch or coffee date.

No movies-he just glances at my profile?
    No dinner-too expensive, too much pressure to not drop food in my lap
    For me, no alcohol date ( I don't drink)

• Nothing extravagant. A hike somewhere would be perfect!

• Something simple and quite so we can talk and get to know each-other.

• My ideal date would be go to ice skating. Because is my favorite sport and you can hold hands without seeming forced.

• I really don't know. Maybe a picnic or something or movie and game night in one day then dinner out. It'll def be a turn on if the guy planned the day.

• My first date with my now boyfriend was random lmao. we went to a lot of places. ldr by the way.

• First date... something adventurous. Mountain biking, sailing, hiking, something outside

• something simple, fun, and random
    something externally focused so that it doesn't get too awkward and we can know each other better
    something that can last either 20 minutes or 5 hours

• I've had a few of those dates where you end up spending hours hanging out and talking... those are always a good sign

• Mine was our homecoming dance

• I would love to do something like mini putting (even though I'm awful, gives him a chance to help me put), a barcade, or even just a long walk some place with a nice view so we can talk. I'm into a lot of stuff.

• A date with no awkwardness.

I wanna be active, so there won't be any silence😎😎

• Going for a walk on the riverwalk and having lunch nearby. A casual first date.

• I don't know... I never had a date yet XD
    Maybe going to a villa on a beautiful cold hill where we can enjoy a beautiful landscape, wearing his sweater, teatime in the afternoon and then cuddles (or kisses) under the stars and moonlight... hahaha

• Doing something adventurous

• going to see a stage performance

• one where i'll laugh a lot and eat good food

• Anything that surprises me as I can usually prescript everything.

• I wanna go rappelling!!

• I'm going on my very first date ever Saturday. We're going to a movie. So I don't know

• I like movies as a first date. getting a little bite to eat afterwards can be fun to discuss the movie

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 18

• My first one was a little more adventurous and unique as compared to the rest.

We went outdoors in the outskirts of the city where the rich estates/parks/nature stuff are. It was on a hill, overlooking the skyline of the city (the spot We picked was PERFECT). We stargazed together, had deep conversations together, watched a little bit of a movie in my laptop...

It was beautiful 👌

There was a rugby game happening on the fields below us which added to the vibe. It was peaceful and refreshing, and the view of both the skies and the city was magnificent.

It could have turned into an outdoor night sex session but morals, teenage pregnancy and parking lots got in the way.

Would do it again ❤️

• haha at your 2nd to last paragraph... sounds like a very cool romantic date

• A walk in the woods. We stop by a stream where we sit and talk. Every now and then something floats by and we throw pebbles trying to hit it. Nobody says anything, but we both know the first one to hit it wins. We are so engaged in talk that we don't notice the passing of time. The sun sets as we sit and watch, not saying a thing. I look over to see if she is enjoying the sunset. She appears to be. After we leave I ask if she is hungry. She could use a bite to eat. We find a small rustic place and get whatever sounds good. I take her home. Maybe a quick kiss. Then I drive home with a smile on my face.

• I would pick her up at her house.
    I would take her a place where we can shoot some pool. Hoping to break the (physical) touch barrier.
    Afterwards we would go get a bite to eat at a nice, yet little, diner place. Where we would sit and talk for as long as the conversation took us.
    Then I would take her home and walk her to her door.
    Then I would say good night and hope I would be able to lean in for a small kiss (unless she shows signs she wants more)

I want the date to be fun and exciting yet have time to be relaxed and have a chance to connect just the two of us.

• Realistic? We go for a light lunch, then get coffee, and realise we really click so we come up with another random thing that will keep us busy and then close the night with a kiss, preferably by the river overlooking the city and then we take the ferry back home.

• Something fun you funny ordinarily do and can interact and get to know each other. Things like Rock climbing, Ice skating, hiking, biking etc

DO NOT NETFLIX AND CHILL lol

• yeah the Netflix and chill is a date for down the road. def not a first date

• @Phoenix98 ya man totally. And hanging out before dating or whatever is cool, but when we as men date, we should actually go on dates. Nomsayin? I tink I'm preaching to the choir tho, you seem gentleman AF. (No homo)

• Exactly, you get it, netflix is for when you just want to relax and hangout at home, but for actual dates you either gotta go out or you know make dinner or something at home with her at least. And if you want to go watch something on a date go see a show or something, and thank you I am, you seem like it to and no worries I know your not homo.

• Who: my crush
    What: a date
    Where: I don't give a fuck as long as I'm with my crush
    When: as soon as possible
    Why: because she said yes

• A nice cafe or a picnic in the park on a sunny day with a nice walk and kiss to finish for dessert 😃

• I don't believe in it costing a mint... because it should be about getting to know one another. As long as it is a public place it can be anywhere. Maybe grab a non-alcoholic beverage or some ice cream and go for a walk in the park?

• def shouldn't cost a mint

• agree again. being treated well shouldn't ever have a monetary value on it. as you said being treated well means being treated with kindness, respect and all that

definitely not going to spend a ton of money on a first date. I want the first date to set a standard of what I am about and spending a ton on a date is not what I'm about... not that I won't spend a lot of money on a date but not the first

• Some of the best dates I ever had was surprising a girl with a picnic and taking them to a park! It does not cost a lot and you don't have the noise of some restaurants or coffee houses which can be overwhelming to just carry a conversation. She also gets to see how you would treat her later on by making the effort!

• Something simple, relaxing and enjoyable that allows me to enjoy her company and get to know her.

• We get along, at a place where we never been before, and the place is awesome

• Anywhere you can both relax and have a good time and enjoy it. Nothing specific, just a good and enjoyable time.

• Doing something so exciting that we literally piss in our pants , something some crazy roller-coaster ride , or any other exciting activity :D

• A date that ends with us winning the lottery together and no one got murdered.

• She comes over, cooks a wonderful dinner, f-s me for 2 hours, leaves, and never calls again. You asked...

• “My perfect date night: I pick you up. In my Kia Sorrento. You get in. There’s candles in the car. You go, ‘…Is that dangerous?’ and I go, ‘Yes—but I like danger.’

We go to your favorite restaurant, and we have a fantastic meal. We come outside and we see my car’s on fire. You go, ‘Aziz, your car’s on fire. Aren’t you upset?’ I pull out a bag of marshmallows and I go, ‘No. I knew this was gonna happen.’

And then I kiss you. In front of my burning car.”

• Something fun like going to amusement parks.

• Something low-key, perhaps a comfort-food type place or a walk in the park, or a visit to a museum, or even all three if we both have the energy.

• A date where I get some fuckin' pussy!