Guys, is it true that "a guy will ask you out no matter what" ?

whether he's shy or not.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, just not true. I have a mental list of about 100 or so women that I not only have not asked out (when I really wanted to), I hardly interacted with them at all. Why? because there either was absolutely no chance they'd respond in my favor; or they sent no positive body language that invited me; or because in that time-period I was feeling too vulnerable to take a risk, having been rejected numerous times in a row (in my early adulthood), and not wanting to go through that again under the circumstances; or because it was obvious that I had been friendzoned. Not even a matter of shyness (which I had at 18, but gladly not anymore) but because the odds are too far against. I have learned (thru sad experience) to never take flirting or compliments or friendly behavior as anything. I ignore it basically, as I have been proven wrong most of the time. For an example one time after I had been asked to dance by this ultra- hot chick, it turned out she was a man-hating lesbian who threatened to carve me up on the dance floor with her knife just for laughs after she had lulled me for a half-hour or so. The bouncer took the knife away, thankfully. I don't fully trust anyone's good intentions/sincerity at this point. I have some other similar experiences but you get the point.

What Guys Said 11

• Absolutely positively not true. A really shy guy couldn't ask a girl out even if his life depended on it. I mean that literally. He wouldn't even be capable of it not matter how much he wanted to go out with her. He could pick up a car more easily than ask a girl out.

Whoever says that has no idea what they are talking about. None at all.

• No not true. The times have changed
    Girls can make a first move too

• No, nothing can be further away from the truth.

• No. Why would he?

• No, some guys are really shy and don't have the confidence to ask a girl out that they like. I'm one of them guys to be honest, if I like someone I'm to shy and don't have the confidence to do something about it.

• No. False.

If he's shy he won't ask.
    Also we could talk about why should HE ask you?

• I never asked anyone out.

• No, believe me it really isn't.

• silly statement. why would he?

• bullshit, not always true

• That's just something girls say to justify not doing anything.