Why don't more people get plastic surgery?

If you have a flaw and are insecure about it why not get it fixed? Last year I had a chin augmentation along with rhinoplasty (nose job) and it dramatically changed my apperance since I had a huge bent nose and a recessed estrogen chin.. I have no idea why I didn't do this years before. I went up a solid 2-3 points on the scale and got way more female attention. I spent 8grand on both in total. Best decision of my life. No pics. I need my anonymity.

$8,000 is not that much money for life time results.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well lots of people are happy living with their imperfections, and also plastic surgery is very expensive. So, for you to say "why don't you spend 8,000 of your hard earned dollars to fix your face?" is rude and shows you're out of touch with the real world and real world struggles. People have bills to pay, mouths to feed, and they can't waste their money on shit as petty as cosmetic surgery.

• I work had and have an education therefore I have the privilege to afford such amenities. I've been in poverty and now I have money. Get out of here with your out of touch with reality shit lol.

• Your question is ridiculous, and if you're so educated, and really from humble beginnings, then you should know the answer.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's expensive af. Also my face was chiseled by the gods themselves so there's no need.

• Are you sure it wasn't mashed together out of clay or flesh colored playdough?

• FUCKING HELL,... Someone that gets jokes on here. Take note people...

• @gommers I try not to take anything too seriously lol

What Girls Said 5

• i don't trust people with knives so near to my throat ;p

plus i'm not nit-picky about my flaws. i stopped caring so much a while ago.

• Well, for starters, not everyone has thousands of dollars to blow on surgery for aesthetic purposes.

• well first, not everyone has that much money to blow
    second, when it comes to perceived imperfections, people will either fix or ignore
    those who ignore will focus on other attributes of themselves
    those who fix, have different ideas on how far they're willing to fix the thing
    for varying reasons, some people will be against the idea of plastic surgury

personally, i have nothing against it as long as it's not overdone

• Because normal people can't afford to do that.

• Plastic surgery is expensive.

What Guys Said 12

• Because no mater how many plastic surgeries you get - the initial problem for a lack of self-esteem it will not fix. It just temporarily fixes a symptom of it, but not the cause.

Thus it is a waste, because a normal person should be capable of liking themselves the way they are.

• That bullshit. I had a significant flaw on my face. It has been two years since I've had it done and my self esteem has gone up dramatically.

• Well, cosmetic surgery doesn't always have the anticipated results. Furthermore, some people have conditions which make them a poor candidate for cosmetic surgery (I know several people for whom this is the case). Lastly, some people do not have that kind of disposable income. 8 g's might not be much to you and me, but for some people that's too much.

• I'm against plastic surgery unless the person has been in an accident or is so ugly that other people light themselves on fire.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktRltpEj-Ls

• There are shows devoted to showing all the ways plastic surgery can destroy people bodies, or even kill them. That can turn a lot of people off.

• It's expensive, as cosmetic surgery is never covered by insurance really.

• Because humans are naive and believe plastic surgery is bad, then they complain about how their bodies are trash.

• Because deep down we know it's a lie.

• Because people have more sense and actually have more confidence in themselves.

• Not everyone has the financial priviledges to afford plastic surgery

• If I had the money, I would change everything about my mess of a face, I can only wish

• Generally it seems like people almost always look worse after plastic surgery.

• your wife maybe disappointed if you have kids personally i don't need surgery but to each their own

• No kids crew checking in.