Would you see a man as feminine if he was a nurse?

Please answer honestly.

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• Nursing is probably one of the most stressful and emotionally challenging jobs you could have. Nurses are brave, kind, intelligent, and driven people, and anyone who chooses it as their profession has my deepest admiration. You have to be strong to be a nurse, and it had nothing to do with femininity or masculinity. It's about taking care of people who need it, and if it's what you are passionate about, go for it.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is one of those cases where people will write no just to be politically correct but more often than not they won't mean it in real life and they will look funny at a male nurse.

What Girls Said 4

• It is an admirable career choice, and not necessarily "feminine" or "masculine" to me. Sure, our culture generally associates nurses with women, because historically men would go on to become doctors, and women would be assisting them part-time and raising a family.

The only instances where I have seen people tease male nurses is from other guys; other guys of character, temperament, and outlook on life that I typically have no desire to be around. "Feminine" should be used as a bad word, even if you wanted to argue that a career in nursing is as such.

Men can be "feminine," women can be "masculine." They are traits, not gender, and everyone carries a little of each.

• **"Feminine should NOT be used as a bad word (or negative attribute).

• No I wouldn't.

• No I wouldn't.

• Umm, their are many male nurses today.

What Guys Said 14

• nope. a job is a job and that's a difficult one, i respect people in that profession quite a bit.

• Being called a nurse is feminine, but the job ain't. You know that big bloke in Malcolm in the Middle? Bugger me.

• Last night @Omar5887 made me dress up as a nurse for his kinky sex games and now he won't answer the phone.

• Being Nurse is a very responsible job, so it doesn't matter if a man choose it as a carrier or women. And even love if my girlfriend is a nurse... I would b lucky to get a nurse girlfriend...

• Nope, it's just a job

• Of course not
    The industry needs more men - they love when they get more men

• It's usually by the way they act, not the job.

• I wouldn't

• If he wore a dress I might.

• No, just like I wouldn't see a woman car mechanic as masculine.

• No, because "feminine" and "masculine" are just a society construct.

• No. There are nursing positions that are not your typical nurse position. Some make a shit ton of money. For instance a anesthesia nurse. Some nursing positions are somewhat like a specialist doctor position than anything.

• By modern standards no.
    People who were born before gender quality usually see it as feminine though.
    Screw it and be in a profession that you want to be in.