Let's say a person of your gender approaches you, and flirts with you a little. You talk for a minute, smiling abd laughing. They blush a little, then they ask you out on a date. You're stunned. What would you do?
This happened to me actually a year or so ago. A girl at my school had a crush on me. She was afraid to tell me, then she asked me out. I smiled, and declined her nicely. I was confused of my sexuality, so I didn't want to disappoint her.
- I would be offended.4% (3)14% (11)9% (14)Vote
- I would be flattered, but I would decline them nicely.71% (54)72% (55)72% (109)Vote
- I would accept their offer and go out with them.11% (8)3% (2)7% (10)Vote
- I am homosexual/bisexual, so I would give them a chance.11% (8)3% (2)7% (10)Vote
- Other (explain)3% (3)8% (6)5% (9)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
Had it happen a lot. Generally I decline as politely and softly as possible, especially in the cases they are friends, mentioning my sexuality if I think it'll soften the blow, or they get pushy.
It is rather concerning how many people do get extreamly pushy when rejected (seriously some women and gay men are at least as bad as your average nightclub creep).2
Most Helpful Girl
"mmm, thanks, but I'm not a lesbian" easiest way to turn down someone.2