Are Hispanic girls interested in dating white guys when they live in areas with large Hispanic populations?

I live in a city that's about 35% Hispanic. There are tons of attractive Hispanic girls here, but I mostly see them with Hispanic guys. I've heard people postulate that Hispanic people are much more likely to date within their group in areas that have a large Hispanic population. That seems like the case here, that given a choice, Hispanic girls will date Hispanic guys. Thoughts?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

3

Most Helpful Girl

• depends on every girl, some will be interested and others won't. I am hispanic and yeah, I would be interested
    since there's a large population of hispanic people where you live they might not have a huge interest for white guys because is easier to be with people of the same culture and is also easier when you speak the same language.

• "since there's a large population of hispanic people where you live they might not have a huge interest for white guys because is easier to be with people of the same culture and is also easier when you speak the same language."

Most of them speak English, it's just the culture thing that I think gets in the way, like I think they assume that all white guys are cultureless robots who could never understand where they came from.

• Oh, I have no issue with white girls, so I'm not worried about "getting a girl," so to speak. It's just that I see all these Latinas on a daily basis and it's like we live separate lives. The Latinas don't talk to the white guys, and white guys don't talk to them. We look at each other, but never interact.

Concerning ethnicity, traditionally, people stuck with their own. I honestly believe that most Latinas where I live are told by their parents to stick to dating Latinos. This makes it easier to maintain the culture within the family and it obviates her marrying anyone who isn't catholic or family oriented. Besides, in my area, Latinos tend to see white people as entitled, rich oppressors, i. e. as their enemies. Makes it tough to make a connection.

• Ah ok cool! :D

And yeah, maybe the teaching comes from home, which is kinda stupid hahah I hate when people are so close minded and generalize things like that. I do think our cultures are different but that doesn't mean u can't approach other people. if they dont even talk to white guys that's exaggerated haha, I dont see the point in that

What Girls Said 2

• I can say not every Hispanic girl (or any other ethnicity) will just date within her race and I for one am a Hispanic girl who has only been attracted only to white guys (dated one or two Hispanic guys when I was younger).. So it all depends on the girl and her preference, of course majority of them date within their race; since that's what they've been accustomed to.

• Where I live it's the vast majority who date other Hispanics. I don't have any issue talking to or dating white girls, but there's just this barrier between me and Hispanic girls. I've come to believe that a lot of them are warned off from dating white guys, because there are so many Hispanics in my area who seem to view white people as their enemies. I think that's part of living near the border.

• Not true its just white guys never really approach hispanic women. Some of my friends girl/guy is hispanic and they marryed a white person. But some white people or mostly end up marrying their same race blonde/brunettes

• That's true to a degree. The only reason I stay away is because Hispanic women ignore me. I catch white girls' eyes pretty frequently, but the Latinas, not so much.

• or maybe its because they find it harder for white people to understand their culture or stuff like that.

• Yeah, and I think they believe that white people are very different than they are, which is false.