PLEASE HELP! Parents are trying to set me up with a boy I don't like?

My parents really like this kid that belongs to our family friend. He's a good kid and he's my age. His family and my family are very tight knit. He likes me and he shows it. Problem is, I don't like him. I don't have anything against him it's just that I don't like him. Both families think we'll be some type of thing but I don't really feel it. His family likes me and they admitted to it and I like his. I tell my parents about the guys in school that are like him but they always insist on our family friend's kid. What should I do? We're both in high school.

Most Helpful Guy

• What? if you are above 18, you can't be forced into doing anything you don't want to do, just say NO. Well if you don't have the habit of saying no, then learn to say no when required, start being assertive if you haven't do so, if you are going to keep quiet and think about the families respect and so on, then how can you be happy? I know it might sound selfish but it's not selfish, how is caring about your happiness selfish?

so don't misunderstand it's not selfishness so just learn to say no, be assertive rebel if you must.

Most Helpful Girl

• When it comes to feelings there is no such thing as being rude. You have to be assertive and firm. First tell your parents you don't really like him in such a way. You only see him as a friend.

What Guys Said 4

• uhh just say no? lol

• Just say you don't want to date

• lol @ them trying to impose you that nice and ugly guy.
    go girl, go for tall and handsome jerks. they're better.

• Tell your parents that you don't like him. That if they push it, you'll have to turn him down... and they have to deal with an awkward situation with their friends. Thank them for looking out for you, but you just aren't into him, and that you don't like being pressured this way.

If they can't respect that... completely disassociate with the family friends, and start withdrawing from your parents. They'll take the hint.

What Girls Said 0