How to stop liking someone?

I like this guy.. a lot. We have a bunch in common, he's super nice, sweet, handsome, non-judgemental, open-minded. He is seriously the whole package. It isn't just looks, its his personality and mannerisms. To be honest, I've never met any guy like him before. I'm not good at conversations but with him, it's different. We hung out more than once which it's always great. He usually always would text me first but hasn't ever since he went on vacation to Italy which he's there for a month with family.

He hasn't talked to me ever since 2 weeks ago, when he wished me a happy birthday etc. He said he will text and message me but hasn't. I can't stop thinking about him. I miss him a lot. Even if he doesn't like me in that way, my feelings won't change. I can't get him out of my head. I don't want to like him. I keep trying to tell myself and be logical, saying he is just some guy but my mind and heart trick me saying, "He isn't just some guy. He's perfect. "

Most Helpful Guy

• Come on, I think you can be a little bit patient. I know he hasn't texted or messaged you but then you shouldn't outright assume anything like this. Have you thought about the possibility that he may also like you but isn't 100% sure about his feelings so maybe he is working on it at the moment or maybe he is occupied and is busy with something important? have you thought about this? I know it's strange that he hasn't messaged you but then what I am saying is also possible right?

Okay I understand he hasn't messaged you but then have you tried messaging him? if not just give it a try? I think you shouldn't lose hope so fast. He is a very nice guy after all, isn't it?

• I understand but i did message him a week or two ago while he was in Italy. He replied but the conversation didn't last. It says he hasn't seen my message but I have a feeling he has and just ignored it. He hasn't responded since. I hate feeling for him, having feelings in general. I fall so hard for people and never in return. Even if he doesn't feel the same way, I can't get over the fact how amazing he is. I can talk to him about anything. I've always had an issue with conversations and making friends. I want to forget about him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well first it sounds too good to be true.. Wish I could met a man that I was really feeling How long have u even known him? Is he single? He hasn't contacted you in two weeks? There with family. Hmm.. Im sure his phone works... Send him a text... A friendly one e. g. "hows your vacay going" If he's that good and makes you feel that type of way. You need to go after it girlire. You said you dont want to like him. But you do like him.. Ask yourself do you really want to stop falling for him? Im not convinced. But If you really want to stop falling for him. Then dont reach out to him after all. When/if he contacts you distance yourself a bit. Dont put all your focus on him. I know its hard when u really feeling a dude. But its all in your mind u have the power. Meet other men, start talking to someone else. Keep busy and tell yourself. he's just one man and that you Will meet another like him even better. You'll find somebody else you are really feeling.

• Thanks. It's just hard meeting other guys and starting conversations, but with him, it's different. We have same taste in music, both interested in film, writing. It's never hard talking to him. I've met guys who I couldn't keep a conversation going which it was vapid. We've been talking for a month or two. He is single. I sent him 2 weeks ago, a "Hey, how's it going?" Which he replied "Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it's going very good. Italy is gorgeous, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to" We started talking for a bit about the attractions of Italy but then he hasn't responded STILL to my last message. He's been online at times. It's been 2 weeks.

What Guys Said 5

• guys like that have a lot of options. do you know what i mean?

there needs to be something special about you to make him really want you and not jut another girl he could date if he wanted to.

i dont want to be judgmental or rude but maybe start dressing in great style, pickup an awesome hobby? go to the gym?

also tease him more, be a bit more adventurous with what you say and how you say it.

its basically gonna have to be you differentiating yourself and making him think you're unique.

• if you really want to stop liking him, you canĀ“t have contact with him anymore... or find a guy as replacement.

• If you wanted something with him, why can't you initiate contact? Leave it on us to start the conversation every time and we start to take it as disinterest on your part.

• If u really want to stop liking him.. this is kind of hard but very effective.. shutdown and stop caring...

• The best way to get over someone is to talk to other people and find someone else to be interested in.

What Girls Said 1

• I would text him and tell him that you have feelings for him and that if the feeling is not mutual that it will be hard for you to keep the friendship going.