How picky are you when choosing who to date?

How picky are you?

• Extremely picky
  • Very picky
  • Somewhat picky
  • Not very picky
  • Hardly picky

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 23

• Lol I'm gonna be super honest. I have decided that I grew up quite sheltered in terms of the type of people I was surrounded with in my youth.

You know, I genuinely didn't think I was that picky. The traits I desire in a man are all over by me lol

Exceptionally tall (6'+)
    Blonde hair
    Blue eyes
    Fit/Athletic
    Intelligent
    Ambitious
    Christian
    And then all the personality traits (kindness, respectful, etc.)

And then I moved away from home and came on here. And it has been brought to my attention that had I ever stepped out of the natatorium in high school and left my home town, those qualities would cease to exist.

Something I learned when I moved away to college. It shocked me for a split second, when I realized that the reason people kept telling me 5'9 was the average for men was because men actually existed who were shorter than that.

As it was, I was a swimmer for part of high school. My high school is in a Dutch community. My brother is a swimmer. My boyfriend is a swimmer. A lot of my friends were and are swimmers. I've spent more than my fair share of time surrounded by extremely tall, very blonde, very fit, very athletic, and yes, very Christian, swimmers and other high school athletes. And they all continued to swim in college so they've gotten no less fit since graduation lol

So now I can, in all honesty, say I am quite picky.

• I factor in everything from the way they treat people, cashiers, waiting staff to their parents and then I look at their dreams and ambitions. Doesn't matter if they work in a pub or a doctor if they are not kind to animals and people, respectful, honest and good humoured I'm not interested

• Too picky. So picky that I was basically single all through high school, not counting the few 'boyfriends' I did have 2-3 times. After high school though, I was single for 2 years, zero boy interaction for a year, then with my current boyfriend.

• Not too picky when it comes to looks, super picky when it comes to personality. That's maybe why I was single for so long, I mean, it's not hard at all to find people I'm physically attracted to, but finding some real good quality personality is hard these days.

• Extremely picky on everything. Though majority of the time I gave that dream up until I met my boyfriend. Who to me is 100% perfect in my eyes. ^^

• I am told that I was extremely picky by my best friend, which is funny, because I thought she was pickier lol

• very picky, but not unreasonably picky. the qualities i look for aren't impossible to find.

• I'm quite picky. I know what qualities I need in a partner and don't go for anything less. With that said I don't think my qualities are unrealistic or asking too much.

• Just a few
    -not a douche
    -good hygiene
    -believes in monogamy
    -has similar interests in regards to entertainment

That's pretty much it.

• If he's good to me and tries in bed and cooks (or tries to... or just gives me chocolate) for me and likes animals and has a sense of humor and, really big one, isn't a bigot, I'll give him a try.

• I won't date someone over 30 or someone who is a stoner and I don't really want to date someone out of my state again but that's not necessarily a red flag for me

• Kinda picky, i guess.

• extraordinarily picky

• i am not very picky all i want is a guy who:
    is easy to talk to
    does not try to change me
    not a douche
    is smart
    good hygiene
    able to take care of himself
    believes in monogamy
    am physically attracted to

i have never had a boyfriend and am in my freshman year of college and always thought i was reasonable

• What physically attracts you?

• not sure. i am attracted to intelligence but in the past i have liked guys that were chubby, guys that were thin, guys with blond hair, guys with brown hair, etc. but one thing for sure is that i need to establish a connection with them.

• Extremely picky, that's why I've always been single, and will still be for a long time...

• depends on how long it's been since my last relationship.

• Really long

• less picky then. honestly, at this point any guy who would ask me out has a chance. unfortunately, most guys just stare, and when I glance at them I might get a smile but no one ever approaches me. :(

• Pretty picky. I only date submissive guys.

• I'm not picky, I just expect to have a lot in common with him. That's all I ask... a boring guy who I have to start all the conversations with is a no

• It terms of looks - somewhat picky, in terms of personality - extremely picky.

• I'm not that picky, but going on a date also doesn't mean I have interest in the guy. I also split the first few dates so he doesn't feel cheated. It's more of a "what can it hurt?" approach. So far, none of the guys I wasn't interested in have panned out to anything, though.

• Not picky at all. But I'm Choosy about who I continue to date

• I'd say somewhat picky. I do have a deal breaker list, but it's pretty extreme. If a guy does any one of those, I'm out. Otherwise, I'll give him a chance.

• I am not picky at all but I have ni dates like ever...

What Guys Said 23

• Your quiz is not answered simply as the options provided dont reflect my experience.

The last time I was dating I was a member of eHarmony. In setting up an account with eHarmony, you first complete a thorough personality inventory. Then you continue the process by filling out a values and priorities questionnaire.

The outcome of all of the work on the front end is that, provided you're honest, you only get matched with individuals who are compatible with you. In essence, the algorithms that drive eHarmony are being very picky for me on my behalf.

- interested in sports... gone
    - want to go out every night... not happening
    - no interest in children... bye bye
    - no pets... too bad

Once I had a group of matches, then things played out differently. I would happily go out with anyone who was interested. Compatability had already been established, all that was left was chemistry.

This process worked out fabulously for me. After only 7 months of my membership had expired, I met the woman who would eventually become my wife. @GraySailorsBride and I have been happily married for over 9 years.

So, I was alternately very picky, then not very picky, and then extremely picky. I hope that answers your question.

• I voted A. I'm super picky; easily the pickiest person in my circle of friends.

It's not like a pickiness that includes silly physical standards, though. It's more like a pickiness about personality and being able to form a real romantic connection with someone. I've just always been that way.

• It's been about a month since I decided to date women only with short hair it's not going so well since it's a rare thing to see and she could possibly be a lesbian haha xD

• Very picky

• Brunette ponytail, small boobs, and tall.

• Extremely, means I don't date much. ahah

• I'm indifferent to this. I don't even KNOW if I'm picky or not. Have been out of the dating scene for almost 5 years now, so I'm quite rusty and unsure of how picky I am (or if I am picky at all).

• We all have our standards even if someone says they aren't picky. Some are just way more picky than us lol but I'm a picky person

• Not very picky. Very open-minded and open, but haven't gotten to date yet...

• super picky

I would only date a girl I actually like

I've dated 2 girls I didn't really like to give them a chance, I hated it never again

• I wouldn't go out with any strangers or someone I was hooked up with through friends or whatever. I'd only go out on a date with a woman I already felt a connection with and just would like to know better. I'm really not picky at all when it comes to physical appearance. I'm only picky when it comes to personality.

• Dating is about testing the waters. If she's decent looking and has a tolerable personality, I'll see where things go. :)

• Big boobs, fit and preferably blonde. So like 50% of chicks lol

• Above average picky on looks I'd say, but I probably need to become more picky on personality.

• I'm not really picky but I do have standards, if anything I'd say I'm stubborn.

• Incredibly picky:)

• I have 4/10 Facial Aesthetics so I can't be picky. Those feels man.

• Not picky at all, barring one thing: she needs to be dominant. I don't think I could be happy with a submissive girl.

• Probably too picky

• i would give anyone a chanc

• I would say I'm extremely picky.

• I'm not picky.

• im lazy about it