Do you prefer relationships or consistent casual hookups?

I wanted to know if men would prefer a different woman everyday for the rest of their lives or a single woman for the rest of their lives?

• Variety every day
  • Single woman every day

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 20

• Do you prefer relationships or consistent casual hookups?
    A. Variety every day

I find the majority of guys do not listen and will hear what they want to hear even if you speak it out for them. To me that shows a severe lacking ability to function as a worthwhile partner.

• Sounds like someone has been hurt in the past and hasn't dealt with it so they give the "all men are the same" speech

• @Bandit74
      I stated the orgasm gap is more prominent going by studies. Nothing about stds/stis or being assaulted. Going by statistics a gal is more likely to be assaulted by a guy in a relationship versus hookup. Considering relationships are seemingly usually comdonless with the gal being on birth control it seems more likely stds/stis is more of a risk when in a relationship.

Compromise, sacrifice, nagging, whining,
      rape, sexual harassment, assault, domestic violence seem more prominent with a relationship.

In my opinion hookups are a less shittier deal in general. Sexually both have an orgasm gap however it seems more possible to resolve this in a hookup. In a relationship there is seemingly the implied obligation of a gal to be available despite a lack of desire. Gals are seemingly often shamed for seeking attraction and satisfication in sex. With a hookup it seems far less likely to be shamed for wanting an attractive partner and insisting on enjoying sex or there is no sex.

• ok, fair enough

• I'd want to spend the rest of my life with one single person only, and I know my boyfriend is the same. He's my first and we're planning to get married. I love him so much that I want to be with only him, just the thought of being with anyone else is revolting.

• RELATIONSHIPS are way better and sex WITH a loving and secure relationship is AMAZING...

• Damn it. I guess my opinion on women is jaded.

• are you really 50?

• Yup but look and feel 28. But yup born in 65

• I can't even kiss someone I don't have feelings for. It just feels icky to me after.

Being intimate with someone you love is a wonderful feeling. I'm saving my virginity for a loving relationship and the prospect of having one person sexually for the rest of my life doesn't scare me at all.

When I have feelings for someone he's the only one I have eyes for anyway.

But to me it seems guys don't really feel this way in general.

• i always wished to just get with one person... and that would be it. but unfortunately life isn't Disney.

• Yeah, you have a very high probability of being divorced.

• aw that's too kind. thank you. likewise, but with princess instead :P @suitandtie

• By gum I hope it is indeed princess 😄

• The obvious answer is relationship with someone I am completely in love with

• Well, as a girl, I'd rather a relationship. I'm not the best at them and they make me nervous as hell and scared and all that bad crap, but I don't want to be hooking up with random guys all the time.

• Relationships. Not interested in hookups.

• There is no Option C? For, say: Husband and boyfriend/Wife and girlfriend? What about the people who have or want both? ;) Because we all know they're out there...

• i am not into hookups..

• relationship...

• One man everyday would do me just fine :) and as my ex always told me 'I don't need any other woman in my life or have time for any other woman in my life because you take up all of my time... you are more than enough to keep me busy!'

• Relationships, dude. Always.

• It appears to be a poll just for guys but I prefer a single *guy every day.

• My ideal would be to have one SO for the rest of my life. I know that is a long shot but it's a wish/dream I have. I'd always go for arelationship. Hookups don't appeal to me at all

• relationships

• Depends if kissing many frogs will lead to finding the real prince whom I have a real relationbship then consistent dates

• WOW, you sound like a gold digger.

• You got it all wrong. I never say I was going to use men for pay things for me no way. I can pay my own food and dates.

• It isn't a question of can you? The question is DO YOU? It is either "put up" or "shut up"

• honestly usually women like relationships, and i won't say for the rest of my life but a causal hookup that is semi regular is kinda nice. i have had that but never been in a relationship so what do i know lol. But i have to say i do not feel like i missing anything by not being in a relationship, having deep feelings for one man is hard to come by for me and feelings still might not mean i wanna be with the person for the rest of my life. i guess i am still figuring it out...

• I want a relationship but it's really a mutual thing. I haven't met a guy who actually loves me. But it has to be 50/50 I'm not going to go around chasing a guy who does not want me

• I prefer a relationship with one great guy. Being so comfortable with someone that you can try a lot of different sexual positions and kinks is ideal for me.

What Guys Said 37

• Just one woman. Studies show that the more partners you have the less satisfaction you have in a relationship.(also the fewer children you have which seems to contradict conventional wisdom). Emotional connection is more important then variety. I can achieve an orgasm on my own or with any woman but I cannot achieve emotional satisfaction on my own or intimacy on my own. Plus I'm a cuddle whore and I don't know if one night stands appreciate the fine art of cuddling.

• Relationships only. The one I'm in now will be the one I'm in for the rest of my life.

True story, I had a one night stand when I was in my mid twenties. She picked me up at a bar. We had a good time together. I had no regrets and I'm sure that she did not either. Still, that one experience was a sufficient taste of casual sex to learn that it was not for me.

I am much more comfortable with this pattern:

Interest>attraction>relationship>love>sex

I don't feel right inside myself if I skip a step.

• Dammit I voted B, I read wrong and thought you meant different women every day. Add another vote to A.
    I used to think I was more of a relationship guy, but given how I'm always the one breaking up and losing interest, I've come to realize that's not my path right now, therefore hookups is what I prefer.

• Relationship, every time.

• Relationship but with a girl who doesn't do hookups

• "Variety every day " if they were all proven to e std free

• Loyalty is most important to me, as I grew up an orphan. For some strange reason, I seem to attract women who only want to hook up, which is fine, but they come back later, and then I feel like a back-up option. I hate that. Stay, or move on forever.

• I choose neither. I don't need anything.

• I prefer relationships. I've never hooked up and I don't plan to.

• I've only ever been interested in being in a committed relationship.

• Hook ups short term, relationships long-term. The person that doesn't want to be young and adventurous is as crazy as the man that doesn't want to eventually settle down with a wife and kid. How many men cheat later in life because they never got around to exploring their sexuality? I don't want to be one of them.

• It depends, there's this girl I like and I would marry her in a heartbeat and make her the mother of my children... but she doesn't like me back
    there was this girl I liked back in highschool she turned out to be a slut and was hitting on my friend behind my back... I wanna say relashionship but it's not meant for everybody so I have up on them because woman are cruel bitches.. So now It's about the 3 F's Findem Fukkem Forgetem

• Optimally, I would rather go for B) because it takes less effort. You don't have to look for alternatives.

• If i had one girl who satisfied my every need, then i would have no reason to want any other girl. That's pretty hard to find though.

• casual hook ups are stupid...
    i am really against it
    i am over that stage in my life, it was gross, and would make me feel like crap

finding one girl and sticking with her is how its supposed to be!

• Relationships, I'd rather spend time with her and treat her amazing.

Besides, if it was hook-ups then I'd probably fall for her lmao. Rather keep it to the point.

• Both would be an improvement compared to my current situation.
    I think i'd go with one woman per lifetime.

• I would like to find a partner for life! Always having someone to hang out with, talk to and share the rest of my life with would be amazing!

• A relationship with someone great is what I'd like best.

• I've only wanted relationships

• It's not a question of what i prefer , OF COURSE i would prefer a woman to be with and have an amazing life with her , BUT with the many *demands* required of men which i do not satisfy and can not get them , i think my life would be much better making casual encounters rather than trying for years to get a partner with no success

Single life is bad , really bad

• It's even very difficult to handle single lol. How people say that they date many women together n keep them happy.

• I only want to sleep with a girl I'm in a relationship with

• Casual except it seems to be getting harder and harder to do that especially with everyone aging, getting married, etc...

• different girl every 6 months probs

• I don't want to sleep with a girl I'm not in a relationship with.

• One main woman which we both can explore other women (and men) with.

• One woman to invest my time in

• Just want one person, haven't had any luck with that so far.

• I would prefer having one very physically attractive, very compatible woman every day.

• More from Guys
    7