Girls, would you date a guy in the military?

I plan on joining the Air Force next year, (still in high school) and I wanted to know if girls would date a guy in the military. I'm afraid that when I meet a nice girl and I tell her that I'm in the Air Force she will not want to be in a relationship because of me being away so much. I asked my mom and she said she wouldn't for that exact reason. What are your opinions?

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I have and would again. I grew up in the military life and understand what that entails. I am very loyal and patient. I dated an Army guy for a few months, but because he was getting deployed he thought it wasn't fair on me (I was fine with it, but he told me he wanted to sleep with other women which I didn't like).

The Marine guy was nice at first, and we were both ok with the distance. We Skyped as often as we could, and I even wrote him hand written letters (he wrote me back, he said he loved that). We broke up because we wanted different things, but that wouldn't stop me from dating a military guy in the future if I really liked him.

What Girls Said 10

• no i don't like them!

• I personally don't want to date someone in the military, no.

• I say no, but if I developed strong feelings for someone in the military I don't know what I'd do.

I have a friend who was just friends with this guy for a couple years but liked him, didn't wanna date bc he'd be going away after high school for the marines, but before he left she realized she didn't wanna lose him. They're together now and he's completed training and I'd bet money they're gonna get married.

• I would cheat on him if I don't love him.

I really really need to be in love with him to be loyal.

• No. I don't want to become attached to someone involved in active combat whose life is under threat everyday. Fighting in such conditions warps the mind.

• Yes, I would, well, I have dated guys in the military before.

• Honestly, no. But if my current boyfriend were to join the service, I would try.

• Hell yeah! I live near an Army post, so I come in contact with soldiers all the time (some are SMOKING HOT) and have dated a few. Since I'm not needy, and grew up with a cop father who worked a lot and was in danger every day, I could deal with that. I have my career, he has his, and we have our life together. If I needed to move for him, so be it.

• No but if It were my boyfriend I would because I need him

• If join with you TBH but ya. I think it depends on the person though

• Yeah I agree... thanks 😌

• If you do get into a relationship or even before mention this because you dot want them to just leave you or cheat on you while you're gone. It may make things harder but it's better to not have someone then to have someone who doesn't love you