Would it be mean to reject a guy just because he is 8 years younger and I can't handle that and feel alright with myself?

P. S. I honestly don't think this could ever work... [simply because of the huge age difference]

• Of course it wouldn't! You two may have completely different views on life... nothing permanent can come out of it.
  • Nah. Obviously he'd just want a casual relationship and you'd want a serious one.
  • Yeah... MAYBE it could work.
  • You crazy. It could totally work.

Most Helpful Guy

• What you like is what you like, but to reject someone is always harsh if they haven't harmed you.

There is a difference between rejecting, and declining though.
    Just explain kindly how ya feel about age differences to the guy.
    That's the least ya could do for him.

What Guys Said 6

• Depends on what you mean exactly by "reject." There are mean ways and there are kind ways to communicate to someone that you don't think it would work out (or that you just aren't interested in pursuing anything).

If I were in your shoes, I'd straight up say, "Haha, that's super sweet. But you're too young for me." With a nice, kind smile on your face.

In the alternative: "Nah, you feel too much like jailbait." I'd probably resort to a bit of humor.

That is a very large age difference for a 27-year-old woman. It would potentially be borderline embarrassing, truth be told, if you and he were to become a couple. There's a hint of boy toy there. I don't blame you for perhaps feeling a bit reluctant and uneasy.

• Yeah... like a nice way of rejecting him without making him feel bad. =)

• Gotta let him down easy. Emotions can be tender at 19. :)

Incidentally. The acid house song "Fine Time" by New Order is about precisely this situation, except the girl is the younger party.

• You are probably going to need to develop a thick skin and learn to say, no thanks? You are a very attractive woman who will need to say no early in order to avoid greater pain later. I don't know you and have no reason to bullshit you, I'm telling you that based on your very informal but very lovely picture.

• You crazy. It could totally work.

• Why do you suppose even that he wants something casual? Maybe he thinks the same way as you. You need to talk about your relationship ideas

• No, that was just one of the options on the poll... Not the only idea.

• It can work. I've heard of 18 and 36-year-olds getting together and having a successful reltionship.

• What is perfect age for you?

What Girls Said 0