Can I text him first?

Okay, so neither me or the guy I like have text for a week. Is it alright if I text him tonight? Or should I never be the first to text? Do guys even care? Any advice would be great. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here.

Most Helpful Guy

• If a girl never texts me first I assume she's not as interested as me.

• Helpful to know this, thank you. I always wonder if guys think this too.

• I figured, I just think we've been conditioned to behave a certain way annoyingly. It's what makes dating so weird.

• Thanks for MHO and good luck :)

What Guys Said 5

• I would love it if a lady reached out to me via text. It shows that she is interested and thinking about me. I don't see anything wrong with this.

But I am also a traditional/chivalrous kind of guy and still want to be the one who asks the lady out on an official date. That is the only thing I would hope she doesn't do to me.

Other than that go for it. It sounds like you guys have already been communicating, so go for it and don't worry about it. If he doesn't like it than he isn't right for you. Always remember to be yourself so you can find the guy you are meant to be with.

• Thanks for the vote, did it help any?

Let me know if I can help more.

• I think chivalry exists in a sense, I like a guy to be a gentleman. I guess all the texting rules I would throw out. I wish guys would call sometimes though I'm thinking it's just me that people won't call, waiting days to text someone and say you had a good time. I'd like people to be honest. I'd rather someone say, I'm sorry, I think we're not the best fit, or I don't think we should see each other again. Because being acknowledged is nicer than being ignored, even if it means someone doesn't want to see you. I'd like to know what I did wrong. Just all the game playing can go please. I just wish people were honest these days.

• I realize it's hard. From what I've noticed women want closure and men want to ignore the situation so it will go away.

• Of course we care that's the whole point of this website and yes if you don't hear from him, you should text first to see how he's doing and make sure everything's going good.

• I texted him, he's ignored me. So thank you but I feel stupid now for putting myself out there.

• You don't have to feel stupid, you've tried and that's a great thing because if you didn't, your mind won't be so grateful and you'll keep thinking about it. So now that you've tried you're in the position of saying I've done what I couldand it's timw to move on and find a person how will give me his attention.

• If you want to text him then go text him. F those dumb rules..

• Personally I hate it if we've been talking for a few weeks and I'm only getting responses, but she never initiates a conversation. I see it as disinterest.
    I recently just stopped talking to 2 girls bc I stopped initiating and they never did.

• That's a fair point. I do try and initiate sometimes, otherwise it is really one sided. I texted him but he never replied so I know where I stand now but it puts me off texting first because I feel like I've done something wrong.

• Fucking text him. Jesus.

What Girls Said 5

• You should texto him, he can't be the one to always start a conversation. It feels the same you're feeling right now.
    But if he's the one that don't answer in the middle of a good conversation without a decent explanation more than one time then don't text him. If he doesn't care as much as you care about him, move on girl.
    Kiss *

• You should text him. Maybe he's thinking the same thing you are. Just be confident and go for it. there's nothing to lose in simply wanting to talk to someone

• No, don't text him. He's playing games or not interested. No guy who's interested takes that long.

• Winner, even if he does like you.. would you want to date a guy who doesn't take action?

If i like a girl, i am going to make sure she knows i am actively pursuing.

• You can text him but don't suggest any labs wait for him to do that and no last minute plans.

• @sjoes006 I wasn't going to. He's been unwell so was just going to check in and see how he was doing. And I know not to do late minute plans. Thanks!

• Just do it.

• just text him already!!