Girls be 100% honest.. nice boy vs bad boy?

Bad boy is alpha male, good looking, treats not so good.
nice one is kinda boring sometimes, average looking, respect u
pick?

• Nice guy
  • Bad guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want a boring guy. That's... boring. I want someone who loves me and is a perfect fit for me and treats me well along with my family members. For some reason though, I always get stuck with the bad boys and always end up getting hurt. Like I am right now.

Like, the guy I have a kinda thing with is exactly what you are describing as a bad boy. He's hot, definitely an alpha and has been treating me like shit lately by hanging out twice with his ex-girlfriend and then telling/texting me about it while he's hanging out with her.

I want someone who I'm attracted to, treats me well, respects me and is just as wild and adventurous as me. Of course... within reason lol. I'm not into stereotypes. I want the real deal.

• I think a nice guy will come your way, I just think most guys need to work on their confidence if they want to win over the girl, it really isn't being a jerk or being an alpha that wins girls over, it is confidence and being comfortable with yourself, if nice guys can only work on that, the world would be their oyster. And if it is looks, all they have to do is work on their fitness, grooming, and the way they dress, it really isn't that hard

What Girls Said 90

• Nice guy.
    Who gives a rat's ass about appearance?
    Sorry for being honest.
    Almost like asking, "Is it the 'nice guy' who treats a woman well, provides for her, and takes care of her needs? Or, is it the 'bad boy' who is masculine, sexy, and..."
    And... what?
    Gives you the ride of your life while you need help?
    Nah... I'll stick with the other option, thanks.
    Bad Boys have THE reputation: hot, good looking, scruffy... but also cocky, arrogant, inconsiderate, inattentive, and almost unfeeling… and women flock to them.
    Y'know, I'm good with nice guy, thanks...

Hope this helped :)

• "Who gives a rat's ass about appearance?", that's delusional.

• I think this is stupid high school stuff and the "bad boys" you're talking about are a bunch of idiots.

• Niether. I'd rather have someone who doesn't fall into a stereotypical "box."

I want someone I am physically attracted to, who can give me a thrill and have adventures with me, but also treats me well and respects me. Guys like that do exist.

• Best answer so far for me :) Ya there are many

• @COCOCHANEL haha and I agree with you, it is important! I don't know how anyone can have a satisfying relationship with someone they aren't even attracted to physically...

• I agree!!! All a guy has to do to become more attractive is to get in shape, groom themselves well, and dress nicely. Guys, it really is that simple, stop whining

• Not a fan of boring but it also depends what boring means. Average looks is fine because personality can make up for it. Respect is important. See, the problem with bad boys is that usually in the beginning they don't seem so bad. By the time you realize they are, you're in too deep and it's hard to leave. They usually give the attention and flattery you want in the beginning and sometimes it can be hard to tell flattery from true respect. I would always prefer a nice guy - as long as he's a real nice guy who doesn't just complain that he's nice and deserves to get a girl because that's not actually a good guy.

• I think the problem with some nice guys is that they need to come out of their shells and stop being so damn shy, if only they had more confidence girls would be leaving the assholes and come flocking their way

• Neither. Because as much as people don't want to admit it, not everybody falls under those stereotypical generalizations. I will date somebody that fits well with me, I will never settle for one guy I won't like completely and another guy I won't like completely.

• i always went for good boys but i'm with a bad boy and he treats me better than most of the good boys ever did.

my answer: the better looking one

• How is he a bad boy?

• so ya like i always say on here, we all have preferences and the guys i have found attractive have been good, bad and everything in between. good looks don't make a person bad.

• i've dated way more that would qualify as ”good” and they were always my preference. of course they were all the best-looking boys around in MY OPINION.

• Uh, neither?
    By the way the definition of nice isn't boring but respectful.
    And guys aren't divided into insanely hot douchebags who kick puppies and ride motorcycles and dorky below average looking, timid boys with hearts of gold. No human being on earth fits perfectly into a stereotype like that.

For me to develop feelings for a guy I need to be attracted to him, and attraction is subjective. What I find super attractive the next girl won't and vice versa. I also need to find him interesting, be able to have good conversations with him, and have fun. If he treats me badly it won't work out. If he's a dick in general that would turn me off him. If he's boring and/or a push over that's unattractive.

So neither...

• How about a nice guy who is both interesting and attractive. You make it sound like the only alternatives are "unattractive or barely attractive but hey I don't treat you like Jerky McJerk!" and "hot but might run off with your car"

I lived in cowboy country. Honest, not boring, and hot aren't as few and far between as you seem to think, thank God.

• A bad boy who's nice only for me <3

• Thats rare you know that right? haha

• hahahah :********* xx

• They only happen in books lol

• I've never been in a situation where I went for the bad boy. Sure, I might be attracted to a few but not to the point where i'd give them a chance to have me. It's ALWAYS been the good guys for me. Even in every show where the girl has to choose between those type of guys, I'm always with the good guy. From the very beginning. Whatever might happen, even if I start liking the bad boy, i'll always come back to the good one.

• Both. I like guys who are an alpha male when he's around his friends and flirting with me. But he needs to be nice to me and treat me right when he's with me.

• I think it isn't being necessarily an alpha douche, I think the word is confident, a confident nice guy can when a girl over a douchey alpha

• I have to be stupid to choose the bad guy.

• Alright, well this might sound weird, but I've seen you talk about how you like bad guys and hate nice guys in a few posts, so yeah. But you are young, you still must develop yourself.

• @Eric644 thanks dude lol that's exactly what I think

• No problem :)

• Girls be 100% honest.. nice boy vs bad boy?
    B. Bad guy

I find most guys are truly incapable of actually respecting gals at best they are nice until no. So to me since both are the same at the core I might as well choose the one that looks good.

• Hey, no offense, but it's not like all the guys are lacking respect.
      I sorta agree though, but I'll stick with nice guys.

• @Eric644
      Do you comprehend that unless you have and show studies for your claims when you them try doing something else than commenting on my posts? Yes or no.

• i read something I know that, I thought it was the CDC, i think i was wrong with the source, i need to find it, the thing is i read it in a magazine :(

• Why would choose a bad guy if I can have a nice guy that it will treat me good? Honestly I think that the bad guy thing only works in movies, in real life you are going to end with a very broken heart.

• Respect over disrespect

• Nice respectful and caring guys. But when it comes to the bedroom surprise her becoming the alpha male by taking control and making sure she begs for more afterwards, it drive girls insane when they find a guy like this.

• Both?

A rebellious boy that still knows how to treat his girl with respect?

• i want a mixture of both.. attractive.. fun.. respects me.. smart.. has a good sense of humor..

• Let's be honest, girls want a nice, good looking guy.

• Well there are more than just two types of guys out there. I would obviously not choose a hot guy with a terrible personality, ever. If he was good to me, but not a good person in general I probably wouldn't like him either.

I need someone who I find attractive in some way physically (he doesn't have to be drop dead gorgeous but just attractive to me in some way) with a great personality.

• You hit the nail on the head, so what you are saying is a nice guy that took care of his body. I keep on telling you guys , it really isn't that hard, this girl gets it and she is only 15

• Totally :)

• And that isn't high maintenance of you, it is realistic

• Oh please, nice boy everyday. They're always the cutest, and win the girls by default. Bad boys, might be hot, but if they have the worst attitude, then Bye Felicia.

• I usually say that I want a good guy but I end up being attracted to the bad guys because they are such sweet talkers and they know how to charm a girl...

• Nice guy. There's plenty of bad boys and there's no REAL genuine guys out there. You'll probably break up with a bad boy later in the future lol so why waste time.

• I would want to be trated nicely and with respect. I can't stand those cocky guys that act tough and are super disrespectful.

• Most of the girls like bad boys as they all have seen in movies that , he takes her for adventurous things and at the end they both kiss. Girls love someone who is mischievous and is also very polite to her and only her.

• neither because they both sound annoying as hell.

Best to guy who has a back bone and isn't a jerk.

• Ugh NEITHER!! I always wanted a bad boy (not jail bait) but a rough and tough guy that has a soft spot for me :) A "nice guy" in my book is one that has like a super good job and does what everyone wants him to do, and that's cool and all, but just not for me.

"Bad boys" don't treat women like crap, they just don't take any crap.

• I think they do, bad boys are jerks to be honest. But I also do fault nice guys for not having confidence and not having enough balls sometimes. If a nice guy just had more confidence, was comfortable with himself, and had some ambition, they would clearly win over the bad boy I think

• I've never been treated badly by a bad boy, only ever was it "nice guys" who happened to not be so nice. I'll elaborate, so I was with a nice guy that got furious because he didn't like how I reacted to him buying me something when I told him not to bother. I don't consider nice guys buying me shit and treating me like I'm fragile. Now with bad boy we pay for ourselves and do nice things instead of buying nice things.

• yeah he shouldn't have overreacted, he should have been like "cool, that's who your are and that makes you you"

• I know the bad boy is cliche but I think nowadays girls are sick of the bs and are more into nice guys. I have always been into sweet guys. Why get hurt when u can just have a sweet boy.

• it's because nobody wants a 100% good guy
    and nobody wants a 100% bad guy...

so if you're mostly inclined to be one or the other, you tend to be left out more often than those who fall within the middle. ... so it's not one or the other.. it's mostly neither.

Here's a strange fact.
    Most girls want a guy who is bad with most people, but 'good' with "them"...
    Most guys want a girl who is good with most people, but 'bad' with "them" ...
    The End. :]!

• Nice guy, for a relationship.

• Even though I would rather be in a relationship with a nice I'm always more attracted to the bad guys. It's so weird lol

• I think its normal... did u ever get burned by dating a bad guy?

• Oh its OK that was sooo long ago lol I moved past him

• Awesome great then

• More from Girls
    60

What Guys Said 39

• balance is key.

• I can't picture niceness actually scaring someone away. It's more like other traits that may come with niceness. Including and especially fake "niceness".

• True. When they eventually get bored or take it for granted, the fake niceness turns into bitter

• I'm a bad boy that's treats woman good, I would say I'm normal guy, I workout so that's a plus, but I have acne so that's a minus
    Girls just like the guy that either is hot or popular they don't care much if they're nice, that's why they always complain when they get played, What did you expect? you dated the football player that's a total douch and has dated and fuck half your friends already hshahaha

• Girls love nice guys, its BORING guys they hare. Not nice, boring. Its just nice guys tend to be boring cause they are pussy whipped on average. The only thing girls hate more than abusive boyfriends are guys who bore them. We dont get that cause we dont get much "entertainment" from girls. We have our friends and live for that. We just want to fuck and duck, and in some special (rare) cases, create a nice relationship

• Most girls seem to typically want a nice guy with a bit of bad. Either way, humor seems to be in the top 3 of most girls major priorities.

TO GIRLS READING THIS:
    I am very very much a nice guy who is willing to try bad out for the first time. :)

• Dude your missing the controlled part of this poll. They both need to be equally good look. Being a "bad boy/good boy" has nothing to do with looks. Those terms are kinda stupid in my opinion

• They want a nice that that knows how to have fun.

• Lol brah, u srs expect u'll get legit answer by asking such question? Women lie all the time and most of the lies are on the subconscious level (e. g. even they don't know how they're laying).

• I don't understand this. The idea that there is a "bad boy" or "nice guy" is absolutely ignorant of reality. Let me just put this to rest: a person is who they are and are not 100% like anyone else. If a person likes another person, it is not because they fall in line with some stereotype, but because they are a person who they appreciate.
    If a girl doesn't like you, it's not because she only wants to date a specific personality, she just want to date you. The opposite is true as well: a girl won't date a guy because he is some stereotype, rather, she dates the guy because he is who he is, and not anyone else. If we all fell into this good guy or bad boy stereotype, then what's keeping us from all having fluid, polyamorous relationships with multiple people? Is it that we are only allowed to have one person, or is it that not everyone is the same, and therefore we shouldn't lump labels onto people where they don't exist?

• I would assume the consensus would be someone who is nice, kind to others, respectuful, etc but is also strong, and not low testosterone, controls situations, etc

• Just for the record, the bad boys these days are pretty much never an alpha. Insecure babies is more like it. But nothing that says a nice guy can't be exciting or bad for that matter. Although the term for bad boy has changed. Before it was used for someone who kinda rebelious and thought for themselves, which I can respect, but these days people call a bad boy who again acts immature loud and obnoxious.

• (Genders reversed)
    It depends. If its a serious relationship then its definitely the nice girl that i am gonna choose. If its not , then the bad girl !

• all of the girls on this website are more "girly girly" than the average so of course they are going to choose a nice guy. Girls label me as a "bad guy" and those kind of girls would never be on a website like this lol

• We aren't all more girly. I'm actually pretty masculine compared to the average man.

• More masculine than the average woman* not man. Lol.

• It isn't about nice boy vs bad boy, it's the specific traits, which is why they will MOST LIKELY go for the bad boy. not because they like being abused, but because the specific traits they posses are better than the traits of the typical nice guy. Ideal they want the best traits of both.

Alpha male, good or at least average looking, treats good, not boring, respectful, to use your examples.

• Actually neither. However given your question I would choose nice guy.

• My girlfriend says I have qualities of each. Is that good or bad?

• This question is stupid.

If someone were to ask you who you are a nice guy or a bad boy you are none of these. These are facades people employ to perceivably get things they desire. You band together labels you think are permissible or beneficial and you fashion a character to play the game with. But honestly fuck that man. Take second to escape this cycle and really investigate the question "who am I?"And then next "why do I desire?".

• option open for guysssssss

• none of the girls can handle an alpha, pretty biased

• Even I would choose the bad guy, he's good looking and not boring.

• From my experience It's a combination of both girls look for. If that's the case I don't think most look for guys who pass the line whit the bad guy attitude.

• Girls need according to me:
    Bad as boyfriend
    Nice as Husband
    😂

• The one that's the least boring

• Balance is where it lays. Like I'm nice to everyone but far frim boring!

• Not respecting woman isn't what makes a bad boy a bad boy. Just to point that out.

• Of course the bad guy!!! Girls be honest, you like jerks

• Yeah, they like the challenge to try ro change them.

• When a non-asshole tries to be an asshole it just comes out all wrong and out of place. It's usually not a good thing to watch. It's like someone who is out of character

• @mikemx55
      Hey it works though, I dont like acting like an asshole, it's just the way things are in this world

• Being a Bad Boy isn't an alpha male it is being an asshole in my opinion

• Why does a good looking guy always gotta be the bad boy? :(

• why does a nice guy have to be average looking though?

• as i knw, nice to marry, bad to f%#k simple as that dude

• More from Guys
    9