I love my boyfriend but I don't really see a future with him anymore. What do I do?

I've been with my boyfriend for a while now and I love him. I really do. But I'll be graduating from school soon and he's a year behind me. To add to that we are in a long distance relationship. Because of this I just don't know if I can see us having a future and I have no idea what to do about it. I want to be with him but...

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Break up with him. Just tell him what you are telling us. It may hurt for the both of you, but it's better to start fresh when you enter college than to feel regret for not letting someone go when you should have. As a teenager, while I don't think LDR's are stupid, it's still something that I don't think teens should really be involved in that much. I mean, you're a kid. Have fun with guys that you can actually see on the daily. This is the best time to.

• I'm actually very happy with our relationship. It's amazing and I have never been happier. I don't like the guys at my school and I haven't even been remotely interested in talking to any other guy since I met him. He used to live near me so it's not like we have never seen each other in person before. I'm just worried about what happens next.

• Well, college is much different from HS. I mean, sure, it could happen that you two stick it out and get married in the future, but it's less likely than you finding someone else and planning a future with them once you get to college. People change once they go to college. He'll still be stuck in the high school mentality, while you'll have a completely new mindset. It's honestly up to you, though. It's definitely a tough choice, but it's one you're going to have to make on your own.

What Guys Said 1

• Dump him and save yourself (and him) the trouble of the awkward phase from high school to college.

I know it may seem harsh, but if you're having these feelings now, then it is smart to trust your gut and go into college fresh. Because college is a different world than high school, different rules and different mentalities.

What Girls Said 0