How to calm first date nerves?

I'm have hella first date nerves. I've never been on a date before and I really like this guy. I don't want to blow it. What's the best way to calm myself so I don't ruin it? We're meeting up and then going to see a movie. This is the first time I'll be with him without a group. I'm so so so nervous. So, guys, how would you want a girl to act on a first date?
and girls, any tips on not acting like a complete idiot?

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretend that you're cool, and you will be cool. Pretend that you're calm, and you will be calm. That's a good approach, if you're extra nervous.

Main thing: Just be yourself. Don't be anything other than you. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, but as long as you were yourself, you'll have no regrets.

I know it feels like a huge deal, but chances are this the first of very, very many dates you'll go on, with very, very many interested young men, all of whom will be competing for your attention. So let HIM be the one with all the first-date nerves. You just sit back, relax and enjoy yourself. Have a good time and take care. :)

What Guys Said 3

• Just stay calm, be yourself, chew some gum. Make sure not to eat anything weird before hand either as that is setting yourself up for trouble. Good luck and have fun!

• He might be nervous too just chill out and be yourself cause faking will keep ya out of your comfort zone and make ya more nervous

• Just act as normal as you can. Even if you overly excited, he won't insult you, unless he's a jackass.
    Good luck!

What Girls Said 0