Is it too soon, am I the rebound girl, what does he really think of me?

Okay, here is the details. There is this guy I'm friends with and I like him a lot. He just recently got out of being in a relationship with this girl that he loved and they were together for a couple of years. So, all the sudden we began to talk more and more. I stayed up all night talking to him. He suggests that we hang out by going to the movie theater on Thursday, so I'm pretty excited for it. When we were talking about it, he said that he can't wait for us to get together and that he is pretty nervous and I said that I was too. I never got any intentions from him of wanting sex or anything. Also, he said that he wanted to introduce me to his friends. so I'm not sure if I'm being rebound girl or if he is truly interested. oh, also he is a cop for the college. we are only 2 years apart. . He really is a good guy. Tell me what you think please!

like also, he just recently got in another argument with her and I guess he is really p*ssed off at her. idk. He says it all over Facebook and when I asked him why he was angry he said his ex. Then I was like well who needs her and he said that he didn't
and he broke up with her

Most Helpful Girl

• you're the rebound most definitely. none of that stuff about him being p*ssed off at her matters. if you're in a relationship with someone for a few years it takes more than a few days to get over someone. have him get back to you in a few months if you're still interested in the guy but at this point you're just a girl he's using to get over his ex or make her jealous.

• What if he broke up with her

• It doesn't matter if he broke up with her. you're just searching for signs to make your guys interactions into something that it isn't. a new relationship does not form that quickly especially if someone breaks up with a person they've been with for years. just because he broke up with her does not take away what they had with each other--the memories, comfort level, or emotionally attachments. get over it. or go ahead & continue seeing him but it's not gonna go well for you later

What Guys Said 2

• You never really mentioned how long its been since they broke up, which is the determining factor. Few day, few months, few years?

• Like also, he jus recently got in another argument with her and I guess he is really p*ssed off at her. idk. He says it all over Facebook and when I asked him why he was angry he said his ex. Then I was like well who needs her and he said that he didnt

• None of that matters. Tell him to back off with all the relationship stuff for now, and talk to you again in a few months if he's still interested.

• People heal at different rates. It's really hard to say. From "wanting to introduce you to friends" I'd say he's genuinely interested.

What Girls Said 1

• I say go on the date but take thinks very slowly. I had a similar situation once...the dude had been single for a few months but in retrospect not long enough to get over her. In the end I felt like the rebound chick and a girl to make the ex feel jealous. I would have been better off just being friends with him because now we don't even talk...just take it slow and see what happens.