Is it ok to tell my girlfriend that I think her dress is a bit revealing and she should take it off and wear something else or is that too commanding?

Every Saturday night my girlfriend goes out to the club with her friend. She was getting ready tonight and she was wearing this reeally nice dress but it was too short in my opinion and a bit reavling with her boobs. I know she wants to be sexy but i think it was a bit too much and told her to wear something else less revealing. She got a bit upset but i don't want guys staring at her all night.

I'm in my first relationship and i'm just worried what happens at the club. I have never been but from what i hear guys always hit on girls. Was i too comanding? Yes or No and how can i deal with this the next time. I want my girlfriend to be happy but I don't know about going out like that. Any help i would appreciate.

Others?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ehh, there's not really much you can do about it. I mean, her body, her choice and all. She can wear what she wants and you don't get to tell her what to do just because you're in a relationship with her. She should have autonomy over her choices. However, it's insensitive to do something that hurts you. Just explain to her how you feel and that you'd really prefer if she didn't wear that kind of thing, but don't turn it into an order and decide whether you can accept her choice when she's made it.

• sure i can talk to her about it in that regard.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't force modesty on someone who isn't naturally modest.

Personally I'd just avoid dating girls who go clubbing in slutty outfits. I know I'll get shit for this but I 100% believe those types of girls are more likely to have slept around and more likely to cheat.

girlfiend+alcohol+hot guys+grinding= not good

• She goes once a week with her friends and promised me she wouldn't cheat on me. She does text me about every hour to make sure everything is ok. She always tells me to go with her but i find it pointless. She is not a hoe i can promise you that. But like you think something is going on then?

• Part of it is how you explain it to her. Presention is key. If you do it in a demanding way then it might actually make her LESS likely to change.

How did you bring it up before?

• presentation*

What Girls Said 1

• Why is she even going to the club... wtf. She wants male attention obviously if she's dressing slutty like that. Either she's a hoe (no offense) or there's something you're not providing in the relationship, like emotional/sexual attention. You guys should talk.

• oh what :o You're really scaring me. She goes once a week with her friends and promised me she wouldn't cheat on me. She does text me about every hour to make sure everything is ok. She always tells me to go with her but i find it pointless. She is not a hoe i can promise you that. But like you think something is going on then?

• So like how should i confront her about this? You have me worried now.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think people in relationships should go clubbing or partying to begin with because its practically just asking to get hit on all night. Clubs and parties are where you go when you wanna flirt and fuck with random people.

And that goes for guys and girls.

• She goes once a week with her friends and promised me she wouldn't cheat on me. She does text me about every hour to make sure everything is ok

• Pffftt in that case its perfectly fine what she is doing. If she offered you to go with her and you refused, i can't blame her for being pissed after you try and tell her what to wear! If i was in your situation, I'd go with her everytime.

• i never been to a club and still don't know the point. I rather not go but i might next week