Would you continue dating someone that your friends thought were "not good enough" for you?

I mean "not good enough" as in from a commodified perspective. Based on an evaluation of superficial traits, your friends think your significant other is not good enough for you and therefore they don't approve.

Would you still continue dating such person?

• Yes
  • No
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• I would continue dating him, but I would also hear my friends out as well. I'm not very experienced in relationships and shouldn't be naive to experienced peoples' experiences and advice, but I wouldn't oblige myself to take the advice necessarily. The guy himself and our relationship itself will have the biggest impact in my decision.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hit no, meant to hit yes. I think that if they did not approve I would listen to there reasons. Sometimes we are blind to the faults of our significant others (I've seen this happen many times, if I was listened to much suffering could have been avoided so I would want the same courtesy) However if it was only a superficial reason (She is a "7" and you can easily get a "8" lets say) then no I don't think thats a valid reason to break up with someone especially since a person is the sum total of there traits. A 10 who is a horrible person, is still going to be a horrible person. As such I would not want to be with them. So yes I would stay with them if it was merely superficial complaints.

What Girls Said 25

• I would continue dating him, but take into consideration what my friends were saying because I trust them, and every single time they've had concerns they've been right. However, ultimately it's my choice and I wouldn't be with them in the first place if they were shit heads.

• If it was for superficial reasons i would continue dating him. If they felt he wasn't treating me well i would hear them out.

• If it was based on superficial traits, then yes I would still see them.

If they had other concerns such as the guy mistreating me or cheating on me, then I would have to weigh that carefully and make my own decision. But I would definitely listen to their advice.

• Just because your so called friends think they know whats best for you doesn't mean it is or they do nine times out of ten they don't know a damn thing that's best for you and are only looking to make you miserable because theyre jealous or at least that's how it is with me and this one so called friend I have

• Yeah if they do that, they're not really friends...

• That's what I think and my so called friend seemed happy when I did break up with a guy she didn't think was any good

• For superficial reasons, heck yes. I love my friends, but they have stupid ideas of what's "good enough" as far as looks go. I listened to them once, in high school, and I really regret it now because, maybe the guy I liked wasn't the most handsome, but he was awesome and I missed my chance. :(

• Yes I would, my friends don't dictate who I should or should not date.

What Guys Said 15

• If you mean by something like money then it actually does since if a person has a lifestyle with a lot of money and they are dating someone broke then the richer person will pay for everything which will cause a bunch of tension in the relationship. Power balence and crap

• I will consider constructive criticism, yes. Mostly, I can tell for myself :)

• For superficial reasons, I'd still see the girl. Besides, my preference when it comes to women is COMPLETELY different than what most of my friends look for.

• Of course, of they don't like them it's their problem. As long as you are happy with that person, no ones opinion should stop you from being together.

• According to my history the answer is yes lol.
    If there's no legitimate reason for them to disapprove of her aside from "you can do better" then I don't even want to hear it.

• My friends aren't good enough to judge that.