Is being a socially awkward loner unattractive?

Hi everyone, I want to ask out this girl who I walk by on the way to class a few days a week. I'm pretty sure she likes me, but I'm afraid of some things. Here's a little about me...

I'm very much a loner and I've found it difficult to make friends. I haven't gone out to hang out with friends in several years (because I don't have any). The reason I find it hard to make friends is that I feel so awkward around people. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it's just that I don't go out enough. The only time I leave the house is to go to class at my community college (I'm 19). Like, I have this really weird thing were I find it hard to understand people when they're talking, but I have perfectly normal hearing. I also feel like I don't have much to say in a lot of cases. Other times I just don't know what to say. I've wondered if I have Aspergers or something, I just don't understand what's going on in people's heads sometimes. I find conversation boring, and I think the people I talk to get bored of talking to me.

I also feel like a boring person, but maybe I'm not. Like I said I only leave the house to go to class for the most part. I am interested in solo activies (piano, music, reading, video games) and certain topics like philosophy and politics, basically anything that you can do at home I'm interested in. Also, I had a cool job over the summer (game tester) so that might be interesting to talk about.

So anyway I want to ask out this girl at school. I think she thinks I'm cute or something, I do think I look decent. But I feel like as soon as I start trying to talk to this girl I feel like she will get bored and will be turned off by my awkwardness. Girls, what do you think? Would you be turned off by who I described above or would you be willing to give him a chance? Thanks for your opinion.

• This person sounds boring and unattractive
  • I'd be willing to give this person a chance

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Well, I can't comment on whether girls are good with this or not, but what you are describing is auditory processing disorder and is an autism spectrum disorder, but not necessarily autism. You should have it checked but my experience is that the medical profession really doesn't understand much about it. Once you understand it though there are things you can do to compensate.