How come no one wants to fall in love?

I don't know if it is just me but I love the feeling of loving someone and knowing they love me just as much, but it seems like nowadays especially in high school no one has any real emotions. All anyone ever wants to do is sex sex sex. What happened to guys shyly approaching girls asking them out on a date to the park, or love notes?, butterflies? What happened to the innocence of dating (like the movie Grease) Now its like people aren't even human, like they don't feel emotions at all and if they do they hide it as if they aren't supposed to ever feel anything because raw feelings are so foreign (especially in guys) ? Guys screw girls over by using them for sex and making them feel important, it's like someone giving you a blanket in the middle of the night, and then 1 hour later they come and snatch it off leaving you freezes and confused, its like they never even feel guilty, like stepping over someone's heart isn't enough to make them change their ways.

Most Helpful Guy

• That is just a fantasy; the reality is people have always just wanted sex. The traditional way of life is just antiquated and doesn't really fit today's fast pace life. You don't need to fall in love to have a child anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• People either want to play it safe or get straight too the bed without commitment, either way, it's not just guys, girls too. I mean, as long as the person wanting sex isn't cheating on or hurting anybody it's nobody's business to judge them right? Men, just like women, have different types. Not all guys are like the guys that you have generalized and demonized in this post. :/ I've met many sweet guys that just want to date, and guys who just want sex too (but that doesn't make them bad people). Point is, different people want different things, you can't blame anyone for being sexually active, their life = their choices. But if anyone is leading the other person on for sex, then that's a different story. Anyways, I hope you find the right person that you've been looking for later on in life.

What Guys Said 12

• Because sex feels good, whereas love can be complicated and in the end be heart breaking. I think younger adults see that couples are always getting divorces and ruining families, so they choose to avoid getting into relationships

• Because everyone is terrified out of their minds about being rejected after they open up who they are as a person.

• You're 16 years old, and your entire post is generalizing men based on your own frustrated feelings. Had a guy done this about women, there would have been hell to pay by now. Things change all the time, you seem to be upset that guys in real life are not like the males you saw in cartoon movies growing up.

• It isn't that they don't want love, it is that they don't want to deal with the rejections, the challenges and the heartaches that often times occur when people try to look for love.

• I like practical, romance is not practical, it's this convoluted attempt at having a relationship that is based on hype, but often crumbles because their is no solid foundation.

• I think you're meting the wrong guys. There are still those of us out there that believe in love

• Ever heard of this thing called testosterone? Look it up, and Jesus your 16 get over yourself life is not a fucking romance novel

• I guess it's 'cause love hurts.

• The only love I experienced is brolove still ongoing.

• You are 16, very rarely will you actually mutually fall in love. Don't worry about dating and falling in love, enjoy your life and those things will eventually come.

• True. Sex feels good but love makes you vulnerable and allows you to allow someone to hurt you but trusting that they won't; but, they do.

• Just don't want to risk being hurt. They've probably felt it before, and don't want to have that hurt feeling again, so, they avoid it

What Girls Said 8

• To avoid getting hurt. The emotional roller coaster ride is not what people sign up for. But it happens in any relationship. It's purely up to you, if you want to work on them or give up so easily on it.

• Who the fuck wants to get hurt?

I'll pass, thanks

• I feel exactly the same way. I seriously feel like everything is about sex nowadays and I hate that. I love that feeling when you love someone and know they love you back. I get what your saying and it really sucks. What happened to the cute ways things used to be?

• Yeah, it sucks. Like, all the guys that ever have any kind of interest in me always just want to use me for sex. I don't give it to them, but it sucks. I do want to find love. I'm young and am not rushing it, but someday I'd love to find it.

• I don't have an answer for why people act that way because I'm one of the ones that actually wants to be in love. Like really badly I want that.

• It feels nice but you can't really escape it, even if you move on it will always be part of you. It's a lot of devotion and not everyone wants that.

• Because society has lost the value of love :/

• Truly? Because I am scared of the negative outcome. It's not worth it.