General high school love stuff?

I have been told im (somewhat) attractive guy, im 16 and a junior in highschool, Im not really a confident guy so I've never had a girlfriend before and i need some advice in confidence and whenever i do open up to a girl i like i always end up in the friend zone, there's also this girl I've seen around school who i think is pretty cute, but i dont have any classes with her what should i say to her to make it not totally creep. And this part might seem weird but i kinda stare at people not a lot but still XD

What Girls Said 1

• you should come up and compliment her about something you like about her in a slightly subtle manner, like what she's wearing or whatever and start a conversation from there. most girls put a lot of effort into what they're wearing in the morning and would appreciate it if someone noticed, at least, that's my take on it. :) good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• I can tell you that you should say whatever you feel like saying in conversation so you can find girls who like you for the real you.

What I cannot really say is how to approach a girl who isn't in your class. I'm pretty sure that I've only ever made female friends with girls who were in my class.