Is it true that a girl decides if she really likes you depending on how good the first kiss is?

One major problem, going on a date Saturday. If she does want me to kiss her and if its true that it seals your fate good or bad, I have never kissed a girl in my life. She has a long time boyfriend, I have never had a girlfriend in my 23 years. Therefore, how do I practice doing it right, I don't want to come across to her as a guy who has no clue what's he's doing whatsoever.

she had a long time boyfriend, she is single now, forgot to put had after has

Most Helpful Girl

• The first kiss is more about chemistry, mood, the right moment and just going for it!

I have grossed out on a first kiss, but for things totally within the guys control ie breath, sticking his tongue down my throat right off the bat or groping me right off the bat.

I've had other kisses that weren't great, but I liked the guy & they didn't do any of the above gross things, so I gave it another chance. Some of them turned out to be pretty good kissers AFTER THEY WERE ABLE TO RELAX AND JUST ENJOY THE MOMENT.

Having said that, the info from others below is great. Make sure your breath is fresh and your mouth is closed and not too wet! Make sure she's had a chance to freshen up too, if possible, so she is enjoying the moment and not feeling self-conscious about her breath, lipstick, etc.

Keep it sweet and just a little longer than short! If you must count to 5 in your head, do it, then stop, but don't pull entirely away... if the mood seems right to go in for another, longer kiss, then just do that and ignore all the advice and enjoy it for as long as it lasts, but still, no tonsillectomy, or wandering hands... just kissing, a little tasting, a little exploring.

But if it's your first kiss, leave it as just a kiss. Don't try to go for anything further than that. You want her to want more right? Let her want more!

So, where do you put your hands? On her shoulders? In her hands? Maybe around her waist? In her hair? (If she seems to be getting into the kiss, and you are giving her another, she'll love that!)

Some of my most memorable kisses are stolen kisses, where I never expected it right then and was wondering if we were going to kiss and then wow! It happened! Those were experienced guys though, who knew how to find that moment. I don't suggest risking this as your first kiss unless you just know for sure the mood, moment and chemistry are absolutely right, but all guys should learn the art and magic of the stolen kiss at some point!

Just be sweet and enjoy it! Best of luck!

What Girls Said 15

• Ok, Girls so do not base everything off of the first kiss. If you are as un-experienced as you say you are...just give her a soft kiss on the lips. Don't mash your face against hers. A quick soft peck will leave her begging for more. I would say, in you case, less it more.

• I think there are tutorials in you tube about how to kiss and stuff. lock on her lower lip if that makes any sense for a basic kiss. :)

I would not dump a guy if his kiss sucks but if his kiss does suck then I'd tell him nicely so he can get better at it.

• I don't think it is true. My first kiss sucked and was unexpected but I told him that and he tried again a month later and it was wonderful. It is all about timing and mood. Good luck!

• Haah, mine too, what happened?

He came & spun me around out of NO WHERE, I thought were already done talking for the day.... Lets just say less tongue, more warning. ^^

But I love ihm, & I knew at the time heni get better we wil both be better.. he justvahd a styll I w snot crazy about, but he was compitent, there is a diference cuse he could learn easy.

Plus he was pribably nervous.. BUt I just kept kissing him - It took me a while to get used to it,to get better at it , & to LIKE It. :-)

• I wouldn't... If he's a bad kisser, I'll just think that he needs to do it more to gain experience.. And I would gladly help him to get better... I do hopefully like him because of his personality after all. =D

BUT... I have a female-friend who dumped her boyfriend because he was a bad kisser... .___.

• Well, it isn't the only factor, but I speak or myself and a bad first kiss, and I mea a really bad one can make quite a negative impression. Thing is if she really likes you she won't mind it, even because you can practice this kind of thing. My advice is start slowly, don't just stick your tongue in her mouth, just do it slowly and naturally, you'll do just fine.

And good luck with your date. =)

• I have a friend go religiously goes by that. I, however, don't.

• I just got my 1st kiss. it kinda changed my feelings for my boyfriend. but I still love him. it doesn't exactly seal ur fate with her. I told my boyfriend that was my first kiss. he was touched that I wanted my first kiss to be with him. I told him I will just need more practice:) he agreed. it's gonna be great. be brave :) haha

• Not true.

• I don't judge everything on the first kiss

• My first kiss waas really awkward and weird. I didn't base anything off of it then but nowadays I do.

You can read tips on the internet and try it out on a tomato. It's apparently the closest thing to real lips lol. good luck!

• it would only matter to me if he was a bad kisser! but no that's a total myth. its all about the conversation for me and whether he makes the moves. total myth!

• Is it true that a girl decides if she really likes you depending on how good the first kiss is?

NO. lol The first time my boyfriend kissed me, I thought he was going to give me my face back lol

But since idid not bave a lot of experience, I recognized I could probably help things along if I learn & teach him, & I REALLY REALLY LIKED HIM.. I think he was a good kisser in his own right, it was just his style that did not like, I think he was nervous.

Everything else he did was REALLY REALLY REALLY good at... I realized that if I could learn to kiss I could help him alternate his style a bit, &u noticed that as my kissing got better, his improved without me saying ANYTHING... I think you pick up and the other persons move, like a dance..

So just pay attention to her mood while kissing, & anything else.. Little casual touches BEFORE you kiss are good cause it gets you connected with her energy , which will help make the kiss more unique & she will remember more then style, that you were responding to HER. :-)

& Always let he know with your going to kiss her by your eyes or something.. So you have time for the ten sion to build up, &you can get an idea of what sort of energy IS there before you start - it can be your guide.

• I don't think it will determine if she likes you or not, obviously she already likes you if you're going on a date with her, just go with it and if it's bad, you'll get better over time, everyone does.Good Luck!

• technical advice: don't make it wet and sloppy, and don't lick your lips. too much saliva is gross. D: and for the love of jove, do NOT french kiss her the first time. make it sweet and close mouthed!

• i really thought that the first kiss would seal the deal but apparently it doesnt. my very first kiss was with someone that I was really good friends with (keep in mind I was 17 when I had my first kiss) and it was TERRIBLE. but yet, he keeps coming back for more. so don't stress over it too much. you'll be fine

What Guys Said 4

• Some girls do, try not to worry about it... as hard as that may seem. When I kiss a girl for the first time I kiss her gently on the lips then sightly more rough, just be careful not to use your tongue too much, they don't like a wet kiss (most girls anyway) you'll get into it when you start, just go with the feeling.

• No this is not true. While the first kiss is important, it doesn't mean that someone can tell everything by just that. It's a major incentive to keep someone interested though.

• If someone judges you by the first kiss, then they're shallow. That's the way I see it...

• just do what feels right and don't try too hard bro you'll get it.