I've been trying to figure out how to get the results that people want, considering some people seek out long-term relationships while also some just booty calls and some just try to boost their self-esteem/ego with it and some are just fake profiles!
So it's both a dating app and a hook-up app and a way to make acquaintances, and at this point I'm not sure how and what people do in order to be "successful" in `meeting new people`?
What is your strategy? What do you DO on Tinder?
P. S.: Do you use Super Like? It seems to be a new feature that you can use on 1 person a day, and stuff. I don't even know why I know, I've just looked it up.
- I'm looking for someone to get laid with and so I just drag every girl/guy to the right and get any match I can get2% (1)15% (9)10% (10)Vote
- I'm looking for someone to get laid with, and I drag every girl/guy I actually find attractive to the right - I'm hopeful!2% (1)7% (4)5% (5)Vote
- I'm looking for a relationship with whoever's profile is likeable enough and they look attractive enough on their photos10% (4)15% (9)13% (13)Vote
- I'm actually looking for friends, so anyone who seems like a decent person, I drag them to the right and hope we'll match14% (6)3% (2)8% (8)Vote
- I'm not really looking for anything other than getting people who drag me to the right to boost my self-esteem but I don't use Tinder to meet people2% (1)2% (1)2% (2)Vote
- I only use Tinder to pass the time and drag some people to the right with some fake profile if they are really hot, but otherwise I don't use it seriously for anything.5% (2)5% (3)5% (5)Vote
- I actually don't even have a Tinder profile so this is not relevant to me at all65% (27)53% (33)57% (60)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
I just... swipe. And if we match, cool. If there's something that's worth noting in their bio or in a picture, I'll message them and mention that thing. If a friendship forms, neat.
Otherwise, I just upload moments and people I've matched with will like them. Sometimes it leads to some of the matches starting a conversation with me... even if it's been months since we initially matched and they haven't said a thing until then.
At this point in my life i'm using it for hopefully just finding someone to regularly hook up with.0
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Guy
I have dated three girls off tinder, all successful and ended for various reasons- one was for 9 months and I still miss her.
Don't listen to 90% of the guides on the internet for guys, girls catch on to the players very fast on here.
Be genuine, be funny and witty, and make your initial message/conversation something specific to her- show her you took the time pick her out of the hundreds of girls you swipe on everyday.
I usually text for a day or so, ask for a real phone number, and then ask her to something casual, letting her know we should just see if we click in real life before a full date. This helps in making them feel more relaxed about the whole thing, and not a potential waste of an evening- you can always bounce out after a drink faster than a whole dinner lol
Other than that, I make it clear I don't hook up until after an actual date, and that is not really why I am on there anyway. I figure I am not the most attractive guy on their at all, so if a girl just wants a hook up on there, they would pick the guy with the six pack, even though he is a complete sleaze- They swipe me right and talk to me if they actually want a date.
As for super like, I have used it here and there, I have yet to match- I think it is shows over interest and scares girls away- plus many are only on there for the confidence booster, so if they know you swiped them right already, that is all they need and will avoid the conversation.- But that is just a guess for now.1