What is your strategy to meet new people on Tinder? Do you even use Tinder? Do you use it to find "booty calls" or actual long-term relationships?

I've been trying to figure out how to get the results that people want, considering some people seek out long-term relationships while also some just booty calls and some just try to boost their self-esteem/ego with it and some are just fake profiles!

So it's both a dating app and a hook-up app and a way to make acquaintances, and at this point I'm not sure how and what people do in order to be "successful" in `meeting new people`?

What is your strategy? What do you DO on Tinder?

P. S.: Do you use Super Like? It seems to be a new feature that you can use on 1 person a day, and stuff. I don't even know why I know, I've just looked it up.

• I'm looking for someone to get laid with and so I just drag every girl/guy to the right and get any match I can get
  • I'm looking for someone to get laid with, and I drag every girl/guy I actually find attractive to the right - I'm hopeful!
  • I'm looking for a relationship with whoever's profile is likeable enough and they look attractive enough on their photos
  • I'm actually looking for friends, so anyone who seems like a decent person, I drag them to the right and hope we'll match
  • I'm not really looking for anything other than getting people who drag me to the right to boost my self-esteem but I don't use Tinder to meet people
  • I only use Tinder to pass the time and drag some people to the right with some fake profile if they are really hot, but otherwise I don't use it seriously for anything.
  • I actually don't even have a Tinder profile so this is not relevant to me at all

Most Helpful Girl

• I just... swipe. And if we match, cool. If there's something that's worth noting in their bio or in a picture, I'll message them and mention that thing. If a friendship forms, neat.

Otherwise, I just upload moments and people I've matched with will like them. Sometimes it leads to some of the matches starting a conversation with me... even if it's been months since we initially matched and they haven't said a thing until then.

At this point in my life i'm using it for hopefully just finding someone to regularly hook up with.

• Let's say I'm a guy looking for a girl for regular hook ups. What would you want me to say on my profile? I'm actually going to start this too and I was thinking about being blatantly honest what I want. Would you like to see that?

• @Scrambledagain I don't think girls are "grabbed" like when it's a promo discount at a store and some asshat takes the last piece of bread from in front of you, because women are self-aware and can make decisions and aren't just passively sitting around doing nothing until a guy goes and snatches them off the shelves

• Trust me man, women have tons of options, you better get in there. Please see this take
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a22977-girls-on-tinder-do-smash-a-lot

Most Helpful Guy

• I have dated three girls off tinder, all successful and ended for various reasons- one was for 9 months and I still miss her.

Don't listen to 90% of the guides on the internet for guys, girls catch on to the players very fast on here.

Be genuine, be funny and witty, and make your initial message/conversation something specific to her- show her you took the time pick her out of the hundreds of girls you swipe on everyday.

I usually text for a day or so, ask for a real phone number, and then ask her to something casual, letting her know we should just see if we click in real life before a full date. This helps in making them feel more relaxed about the whole thing, and not a potential waste of an evening- you can always bounce out after a drink faster than a whole dinner lol

Other than that, I make it clear I don't hook up until after an actual date, and that is not really why I am on there anyway. I figure I am not the most attractive guy on their at all, so if a girl just wants a hook up on there, they would pick the guy with the six pack, even though he is a complete sleaze- They swipe me right and talk to me if they actually want a date.

As for super like, I have used it here and there, I have yet to match- I think it is shows over interest and scares girls away- plus many are only on there for the confidence booster, so if they know you swiped them right already, that is all they need and will avoid the conversation.- But that is just a guess for now.

What Girls Said 15

• I went on a date yesterday actually with a guy from Tinder who had been trying to get a date with me for 5 months. I've met guys on there who I've slept with but also went on dates with in the hopes of a relationship. Sometimes I go on the app out of boredom, just to chat to new people. There's no strategy behind tinder tbh. You either get along or you don't and you either meet up or you don't.
    A couple have super liked me but I haven't super liked anyone.

• Primarily, I use Tinder to spread the good gospel of the flying spaghetti monster.

i.gr-assets.com/.../702996.jpg

• Sorry I did not include an option for that in the poll :o

• I know, sorry. Thought I'd put my 2 cents in regardless.
      This is actually legit. That's what I used to do with Tinder. I'd send them passages from The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

• i voted G i don't even use tinder :/

• Nah. I'm not desperate enough to use Tinder. I got on it a couple of years ago to try it out and I wound up with that desperate feeling. I got mostly hookup/sexting requests from guys, even though I specifically stated that's not what I was looking for. I ran into a guy that I knew and he told me it was a hookup app. I got off of there.

• I don't use Tinder. I prefer meeting people in real life, it gives me a chance to get to know them, too.

• I do both! Why not fish in two different ponds at the same time? ;-)

• Swiping right on all profiles, reading profiles after I see a match, and messaging if I like her on her profile... is the most efficient way for a dude to use Tinder.

As picky as girls are on dating sites, reading EVERY profile before a right swipe is a HUGE waste of time.

Tinder does work for both genders. Don't knock it until you try it!

• @Prof_Don yes I know, and I certainly don't blame guys for doing so.

Anyway I don't have a reason to use Tinder at the moment anyway, I'm happily in a relationship.

• I made a fake profile/facebook and mess around on it.

• I used to have Tinder which I mainly used to troll people or to pass time with friends, but I'm all about that meeting face to face with someone and wouldn't consider using dating apps to find a serious partner or a one night thing. I prefer to meet them face to face. I "met" one guy from Tinder and we started sleeping together and he turned out to be a dick and that was it for me.

• I have used tinder in the past lol and nothing good ever really came out of it I will use it when I'm bored and it can be fun at times but I dont use it seriously

• I like to take the stay the hell away from Tinder approach. It's known as a hook up site and i'm not and never will be interested in that.

• Lmao there is no strategy, I just talk to people and see where it leads.

• But you can only talk to people when you dragged them right and they dragged you right... or am I wrong about that?

What makes you decide whether you pull someone right? :p

• Yeah & they be sexy

• i use it to meet girls to pimp

• Tinder is useless. 50% of matches never write/reply and the other 50% are just looking for sex or nothing at all. (I want a serious relationship).

• I am going to be gentle and say that I have no interest in using that load of crap!

• Thank you for included the last option! People always tell me they use Tinder for hook-ups, and that is not what I am looking for, so I don't use it.

• Of course I included it, otherwise this would be a very biased poll :P

I do know someone who tried her luck with finding a relationship on Tinder, but she failed as she did not make her intentions clear in that regard.

• Ah I see. It might have evolved a bit more, but the last I heard of it, all my friends using it were for casual hook ups. I don't do that, so I never looked in to it. I guess if you can specify your intentions now, that's good for those using the app.

What Guys Said 30

• I've slowed down on tinder since
    A) the only guys that are successful are really good looking guys. I have enough good looking guy friends to know that this is 110% true. I've only had a few matches and only like 3 of them have reaponded back. No I am not ugly, I just have high standards and are actually slightly above average. While I have guy friends who can get multiple dates a week with the app (I'm so jealous haha).
    B) Every female friend I have and every girl I've dated who uses tinder has told me the same exact thing. They don't take it seriously at all, it's just something to do to pass the time and a guy has to REALLY stand out to make her think otherwise.

• The culture of Tinder is morphing from purely hooking up to a mix of hookups and people looking for actual relationships.

In terms of how to use Tinder as a guy, this is what I do to be efficient.
    ---

I don't bother initially reading profiles when I search. I constantly swipe right barely glancing at the pictures. I "super like" a girl that makes me go "wow"... but otherwise I swipe right on every girl until I "run out of 'likes" (which locks you out of 'liking' for 12 hours).

Then when I get unlocked after 12 hours passes, #RinseAndRepeat

When I get a match, THEN is when I dissect the profile. If she seems chill and decent looking, I message to chat. If she doesn't strike your fancy physically or you don't feel her on her profile... Then unmatch, and keep on fishing.

---

Some may disagree with my method... but it is the most time efficient for a male to use a site like Tinder. Got way more matches and rapport with women on Tinder, than when I studied the profile BEFORE swiping.

I voted C on your poll.

• Its like any other dating site. Which is based on how you look for the most part. So strategies - well if your serious get a really really good picture of yourself.
    Professionals that studied online dating advise to have 3 pictures total, one could be professionally done.

One full portrait, one of just you having fun, or just your face, the last one should be you with friends or at an event with others around you, something social to indicate you can interact with others in a social environment

But either way it basically comes down to how you look

• I used (past tense) it to find anything and everything. I ended up getting dates, flings, and laid.

My general criteria were they had to be cute and not look too hipsterish or high-maintenance. Duckface, Macchu Picchu, drugged tigers or children were an insta-left swipe.

• I've never used Tinder. I've heard it's basically the most shallow way to hook up with people. However with that said one of my friends was going through a terrible break up so she signed up on tinder and i think they've now been together like 7 or 8 months. So based off of what I've heard vs. what I've seen in action, it's basically a place where "beautiful people" go to have sex with others like themselves, but sometimes find compatibility in the people they meet.

• Fuck tinder dude, the girls that I connect with, most of them want me to go to checktinder. com, I know they are bots and that site is a scam

• I don't use Tinder. I'm not into social media at all and the fact that you need to link your Facebook is a bit off-putting.

Even if I were to use Tinder, 90% of profiles on there are fake. Even if I would get a match with a real girl, I probably would be too shy to message them first, and girls never message or approach first.

• I do admit that linking it with your Facebook profile is really intimidating, that's why I linked it with a fake one to see what's up - but I think you probably won't be successful if you don't have real images on it. They can't really decide on whether they like you or not if you're just not on the picture :D

• What were the policy changes? just to stay informed

• Well for example, they were planning on introducing a "super like" feature. You only get one per week or something, but if you become a "premium" user, you get as much as you want.

Obviously this will result in a few desperate guys buying premium and just "super liking" every girl they see, just like how they exclusively swipe right all the time anyway.

• If you jacked, Make sure to show that indirectly lol

I've met like only 3-4 chicks through tinder, all of them were psycho.

• Hah, that's fascinating. My brother's EX ended up on Tinder, too.

But a lot of people use it, so maybe you were just unlucky? Maybe? I don't know.

• Good lord.

• Hot/Crazy Matrix.

• I actually don't have a tinder, and this is nit relevant to me at all but... ill give my opinion anyways... i don't think it really matters how you "set-up" your profile as long as you have 2-3 nice pictures. I doubt those people even bother reading the bios.

• *not
      *essentially just making it a site where its solely based on how you look, that will determine what way they slide. That to me is basically a hook up site.

• I know I've been reading the bios, some specify that "if you smoke then do not drag me right" or some other things, and some of them talk about what they look for in a man and whatever and that is when you know that she's like 18 and you drag them left :P

• girl wanted to hook up last night. I use it to entertain my boredom lol.

only pic is my arms (no face) and no bio.

I have no strategy, they swipe right me just because :P

• I use it to "window shop" like most people. I don't legitimately use it.

• I've been using it to try and find women to date, but man it was a mess:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1713321-why-are-the-women-on-tinder-so-freakin-ridiculous

I'm still trying and the results are lame. I had a score of matches, but none of the girls would message first and even if you messaged them they wouldn't respond. I haven't met anyone yet because no girls respond. I wouldn't exactly say the girls on there were worth meeting, though...

If you aren't finding anyone on Tinder, you have two options:
    (1.) Delete the app and try the old fashion way of meeting women.
    (2.) Just swipe everyone right, even those you'd normally dislike.

• I have a couple of friends who have encouraged me to try Tinder, so I looked into it.

First, I would have to "enable platform" on my Facebook and make some of my pics publicly visible. That ain't gonna happen, so I made a second profile and loaded some real pics of me to it exclusively for use with Tinder. One or two friends tried to friend that fake profile, I had to explain it was fake for Tinder.

Then I went to install the app on the new profile, but Tinder demanded I turn over my cell number to them. They wouldn't take a fake VOIP Google Voice number. It had to be the real cell number. Game over, I wasn't going to do that either. No one gets that number except maybe one or two medical professionals.

So no, no Tinder profile. And to be honest, I never felt I was missing anything. If I enabled my OKCupid account and had 2-3 weeks, I can guarantee you I could get laid. No longer interested in shooting fish in a barrel. I want something real or nothing at all.

• I managed to use a "virtual phone number" that can receive SMSes and it writes them out on a HTML page for the people who use it. Then it's like "Hello XYZ, your Tinder code is 123546" and then you can type it in without giving them your phone number. While I was registering my fake profile, I was not the only one registering for Tinder there, lol.

• That wasn't a problem when I registered. Al I had to do is input the PIN.

I sure hope they aren't checking for these virtual numbers now, that'd just be dumb.

• I have seen on some online forums that a number can only be registered with Timber once.

• I prefer Mount and Blade: Warband.

• I don't have tinder and I have no idea how to use it. + I objectively think that I'm not attractive enough to use it.

• Technically you have to link it with your Facebook account (make sure you enable Location service on your phone so it finds you nearby matches beforehand), then it gives you a new person one by one and if you drag them left that's NOPE and if you drag them right that's LIKE

And I'm guessing if you LIKE them and they end up LIKEing you back then you can talk to each other.

You can also SUPER LIKE one person a day with which they are informed personally that you personally super liked them and they can talk to you if they want.

A lot of people think they aren't attractive enough to date, that is why they end up on Tinder and make an account like Vote E) says :P

• Yeah, it's free (apart from that you have to link it with a Facebook account), and you can get "premium membership" if you wanna throw money at them but you really don't need it.

• All right, cool. Thanks man.

• I don't use Tinder. I made one like 2 years ago and I used it for like 2 days, but then I never used it again. I don't know if I ever deleted it or not.

• I just swipe right on cute girls and just cross my fingers. I hate it though. Never really works for me -.-

• 0|0
  • I don't got Tinder, but everyone who says they're just looking for friends on it is a damn liar lol.

• What is Tinder?

• An app where you can LIKE or NOPE people and you get to talk to each other if you "LIKE"d each other

• Not really. It is to "get people who like each other to match and meet up and do things" essentially a dating app

• But it loads its data from your Facebook (and optionally Instagram) profiles

• I only used it a couple of times to kill time when I had absolutely nothing better to do. It is a big hoax. Don't waste your time. I bet you, most of the girls are not even girls.

• Not gonna lie, I chose F.

• well due to you social issues, i'm surprised you even know how..

• Tinder is shit does not work for average guys

• I message every woman who is in a 100 mi. radius of where I live.

• I used Tinder to hopefully find a long term relationship. We talked for a couple months, but when we met in person it all fell apart. I just stick with in person meetings in real life.

• Ouch. That must have hurt.

• Live and learn. I felt like crap for months afterwards but that didn't stop me from pursuing possible relationships. Still single, but one day I will meet the right person.

• MY two cents: for those of us over 45, I don't think Tinder wouldn't be of any help dating, as it is not always possible to judge age accurately when looking at photos, so for men, we would be considered creepy grandpas if we swiped right for girls that were severely mismatched to us by age, and most women 45+ are not looking purely to hookup.

But for the younger people go for it!

I could see an app that matches by interest, like classical music lovers or football fans for my age group, because let's face it, if Plenty of Fish etc, was really working, nobody would be using Tinder, there would be no need.

• You would swipe left on the women you believe might see you as Creepy Grandpa, dude.

Or swipe right because if they do see you as Creepy Grandpa, they'll grimace for a second and move on, while someone who is into daddy types might be all "hmmmm" so who cares about the ones who were creeped out?

• @brain5000 LMAO! let's get that patent NOW!

• God, women are such fucking liars.

You're all anonymous.. No one knows how you vote. No one's going to judge you. Fucking tell the truth.

Simple shit here... If men are getting sex from Tinder... then there are plenty of women on there for the same damn thing.

smfh

• Divk pics of my big black cock!

• I don't use tinder because I can't get it to work on my phone...

I tend to use dating sites rather than tinder which I had thought was basically just about hooking up.