Do smart guys like dumb girls?

Well I'm not really extremely stupid but I do struggle in school and it may get in the way of me going to college or not since my grade and gpa is so low. I've always been more attracted to guys who were into Science and English and could hold an argumentive conversation since I'm interested in that. But I feel like a lot of guys are more into pretty, confident girls who have good grades and are in cheerleading or a sport.

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys are generally attracted to good looking girls. Intelligence matters more for compatibility not so much attraction.

I'd say smart guys are more likely to date dumb girls than smart girls are to date dumb guys. You've hot to be good looking tho, if you're dumb and ugly, you're screwed.

Most Helpful Girl

• They may be fine with dumb girls for just sex, but, for relationships, guys want women they can hold conversations with. It is good if they can teach her things and that she's not a so-called know-it-all, but she should still contribute intellectually in some way.

What Guys Said 27

• We love dumb girls. I would really like having someone I can explain my work to. Someone who would ask me all sorts of questions and expect me to have an answer. Its just an ego boost! I know its selfish but its the truth.

• You need to be smart to ask questions, no?

• Men want to feel appreciated and adored. Nothing wrong with that, but I think smart women can give it to you too. Maybe it's more about how your intellects complement each other, maybe one's more analytical while the other's more creative? That way you can still impress and wow your partner cos your thinking is different from hers?

And by the way if you watch the movie, watch the whole trilogy, starting with before sunrise, then before sunset and finally before midnight. Some of my favourite movies ever!

• @Caramel_creme What you are saying makes a lot os sense and I completely agree! And thanks Ill definitely check them out :)

• I don't consider a woman that doesn't excel academically as being 'dumb' (I prefer the word stupid). I consider a stupid woman to be a women who do thinks and never stop to think about what they are doing and the impact their poor decision has not only on themselves but on the people around them.

Take an old school friend of mine that has multiple pregnancies scares from random men and has lost several teeth due to rubbing cocaine on her gums. She was academically competent.

• You say that but you're using one experience for every person that struggles in school.

• I think you need to re-read my posting.

• I don't care how smart she is, as long as she falls somewhere between "braniac" and "airhead". Although, if she was at the lower end, she might not understand half of the things that come out of my mouth. If she can put up with it, i can put up with it.

• No, I wouldn't like to be with a dumb girl. I'm not saying I'm smart, but I think that smart guys won't want dumb girls either.

• I like pretty confident girls. But not really dumb. I def look for some sense of ambition in who I date.

• I prefer girls who I enjoy spending time with, someone I can have fun with. Being smart or dumb has nothing to do with that. Sure being smart can be a bonus if you're dating a smart guy, since you might have a broader amount of subjects to talk about, but it shouldn't be a huge factor.

• I would take a girl who is common sense smart over a book smart girl any day! I have met some pretty dumb book smart people in my day. It is best to be a combination!

• Not my personal choice, no. I cannot deal with people who simply cannot understand what i'm talking about. Still, i don't think you're dumb. Dumb people's conversation skills usually cannot go beyond simple gossip.

• I prefer intelligent women. I wouldn't even mind if they were smarter than me, as long as they didn't treat me like an idiot.

• I think smart people avoid smart people, i am smart but lazy and my notes aren't the greatest. I find intellectual people boring but I think anyone with enough interest in something can be appealing. I fell better when I am with not too smart people, but I wouldn't say it would be something that could influence if you like someone or not. I you can share time with someone and have fun, time itself will say if someone likes you or not.

• I confide myself smart , but I don't like dumb girls actually but it's like a deal breaker to me but not because u aren't good at school that means u r stupid actually Einstein was bad at school school measure ur memory not ur intelligence

• They'll like dumb "hot, pretty" girls but it's probably not for the reasons that the girl wants.

• I would never go for someone with a lower intelligence than me. That's just insulting to my well-being.

• I like smart girls who can challenge me mentally.

• being dumb =/= struggling in school

being dumb is saying/doing stupid and ignorant things without thinking

I would help a girl who struggled in school

• Well i prefer an intelligent girl to a dumb girl. But grades are different than intelligence

• As long as they're willing to learn :)

• I don't think intelligence is vel is important really, sonif i liked someone and they were struggling I would just try and help.

• I like girls who are fun, adventurous, funny, is positive overall, and just is a nice bubbly girl. Being smart is good to, but as long as your not mean girls dumb it's ok

• I don't. I want a girl who can thing for herself wisely... I do quite enough thinking for others

• I really don't care as long as the person is fun.

• Nope, dumb girls can be a turn off.

• As long as she is not a bimbo that's fine.

• Yeah, dumb girls can't be a turn off.

• I prefer a woman who treats me well and is as invested in the relationship as I am, smart is nice but mean many times comes with it.

• I prefer someone I find intelligent so we can more stimulating conversations.
    By the way, not having high grades in school doesn't make you dumb.

• I think most guys would prefer a woman they can have intelligent conversations with. Although, just because someone doesn't get perfect grades in school doesn't actually mean they are dumb. Everyone has different strengths, weaknesses, and people learn in different ways. Meaning, having poor or good grades in school doesn't always accurately represent a person's capabilities and how smart they are.

What Girls Said 5

• I know plenty of smart guys (free ride through college and all that good stuff) and they, nor any other guy I know, thinks dumb girls are attractive. At least not to date seriously.

• I think they would prefer smart and intelligent girls... someone they can have a conversation with...

• I think they may welcome it if all they are looking for is sex.
    If not - I don't see it happening.

• Talking down on yourself is not attractive. School is not for everyone;however, it does not mean a person is dumb or can not find something else to pursue.

• Not being good at memorizing academic stuff doesn't mean you're dumb. A farmer who never went to school could be smarter than a professor.