Is dating a super tall guy weird if your super short?

I'm about 5'1 the guy I'm interested in is about 6'1. Would we make an odd couple because of our height differences?

• cute couple
    74% (20)67% (10)71% (30)Vote
  • Awkward couple
    26% (7)33% (5)29% (12)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
10|9

Most Helpful Guy

• 6'1 isn't super tall. 5'1 isn't super short. MY best mate in heighschool was 7'1 and dating a girl who was about 4'3... now that was weird.
    It's a larger height difference than most relationships but it's not going to look odd or anything. Physical chemestry might be a tad odd (he might have to stoop slightly to kiss etc) but not unreasonably.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Awkward. His height would probably compliment someone else's better.

2|0
    1|0

What Guys Said 8

• My girlfriend and I are the same, there is nothing more sexy than when she stands on her tips toes to try and kiss me... I love it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing weird about it at all

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the shortest girl I've dated was like 5'3" and I'm 6'5" and I had no problem with it. Are some things easier if you're similar in height? Sure but if you care about someone that doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll find the mechanics of your relationship to be very awkward. He'll have to stoop to kiss you or you'll need to stand on a stool for instance.

0|0
    0|0
  • doesn't really matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5'1" isn't super short for a girl and 6'1" isn't super short for a girl, both are around the average I think. I don't think it is.

0|0
    1|0
  • It doesn't matter either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not weird, however, it makes it silly that you're only dating him BECAUSE he's 6'1". I mean, really?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I'm 5' tall and have dated a few guys 6', which is basically the same height difference as your case. I never found it awkward. In fact I love it when they picked me up to kiss me. And no, I don't even think it looks awkward to stand next to each other. Horizontally never a problem either 😉

The only disadvantage is that it is a bit harder to tango with a guy that's so much taller than you. But hey, that's a minor thing. 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not both? I'm the exact same height and I'm sure it'll make kissing a little weird but the awkwardness is what makes it so darn cute.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter as long as your happy.

If it makes you feel any better my cousin is 6 feet 5 inches (or something, he's really tall) and his girlfriend of 5 years is like 5 feet.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'4. My boyfriend is 6'5.

We don't think we're awkward.

0|0
    0|0
  • One foot is a big difference but it looks very cute. He could lift you very easily and when wearing high heels the difference won't be so notorious.

0|0
    0|0
  • for some reasons I always find those couples awkward..

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. It never was for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some will, some won't

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, my friends (5'0" and 6'0") almost dated.

0|0
    0|0