Why dont I have a boyfriend? I just dont seem to get it?

so basically this is me , i do get people telling me that im beautiful all the time, guys that secretly had a crush on me , my friends say that in person im intimidating , and everyones first impression of me is that im conceided... but at the end of the day i dont get approched by guys like people assume i would, some guys have told me that they are scared of talking to me... and people ways if seeing me its not me... im very shy , and reserverd, im have a low selfesteem... i have being told im pretty i get embarrased, and i always think they are lying, im 18 and im single and I've been single all my life and im getting older each year and im at a point of my life that im looking for a serious realationship... i dont know what love is and i would love to feel it. and the fact that im getting old and I've never been in a relationship.. all the itime sometimes i cry , i feel bad about myself... i think there is something wrong with me , i insult myself in everyway i can, because i cannot understand why people tell me im beautiful, mostly strangers on the street but still a guy doesn't approch me to ask me even for my number , im not conceided , i bearly go out rarely cause i feel that is pointless, and i just dont know whats the problem because i may not love my looks but i defenitly love my personality the fact that im down to earth, shy quit reserved and etc and you guys please help me give me reasons

Most Helpful Guy

• "im 18 and im single and I've been single all my life and im getting older each year and im at a point of my life that im looking for a serious realationship"- You are making it sound like your life is settled. YOU ARE ONLY 18. Serious relationship means marriage. What are your standards in men? and Do you ask them out?

• well i know someone im not that old , but im just tired of being single giving the fact that all my friends are probably in their 4 5 relationship and me still 0. honestly i dont know but i would say i may be very picky when it comes to certain guys... no i would never do that im to shy to do that , i dont have the balls to even say hey

• well im not looking for a prince charming i just want to find a nice guy that i wil like and he will like me back... no i wouldn't consider getting married i never thought about that , im not very emotionl when it comes to guys, i dont know im just complicated and al over the place with what i want when it comes to a relationship... its had to understand... im shy thats a fact... i want a boyfriend thats another fact but im not the lovie dovie emotional type of girl so marrying someone i dont know how i feel about that, but maybe if i ever fall in love my opinion would change

• @asker Let's say you get this relationship. Then what?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are so beautiful!! I promise you have nothing to worry about. Guys are shy to approach you because they find you intimidating. You are still young so you will have tons of time to get a boyfriend and I'm sure you will get one soon you just have to be patient and wait for the right guy to come around. Maybe be more approachable and friendly so that guys aren't so scared to hit on you. You're gorgeous so I'm sure you will have no problem to find a boyfriend soon! Best of luck! :)

• awww thank you ... well thats the thing i never worried about that... its just now that i started to pay attention to that... i just can't be approchable , i can't even make an eye contact with a guy for to long, i hope your right.., i just dont want to be single anymore

• Just try to be outgoing and try to not be shy as much as possible! :)

What Guys Said 1

• "I bearly go out rarely cause i feel that is pointless" well that's your problem and sometimes shyness can be mistaken as bitchy, just get out there, do what you are interested in and don't just settle for whoever shows up. being in love is an amazing feeling, it's worth any pain

What Girls Said 5

• We r so alike tbh even though I'm 14. I'm reserved and people think that I'm conceited. I have little confidence and I know I shouldn't worry about guys but I can't connect with people easily. It takes an extended amount of time for me.. I cry a lot.. I finally told my mom how I was feeling recently. People have told me I don't look like I want to talk or have a conversation so my advice to you is maybe smile at people out of friendliness, start the conversation first. I just noticed that I hardly ever START the convo so START THE CONVERSATION so you seem approachable. Also I have s problem with overthinking things and thinking that certain tactics of making friends seems clingy... but everyone that I think is clingy, has many friends, so always be like, "hey (name)" even if you don't talk much. Or if you want to become friends with someone CHASE AFTER THEMMMM. When ever you see them be like ayeeeeee. Lol anyways... to thee men... make some guy friends... or in order to stay out of the friendzone, flirt a little but while being friendly so they know your intentions. If you start flirting and they don't like you then they will show obvious signs which you'll just have to accept... so I need to do my homewoirk lol so hope this helps!

• Because being beautiful and having a great pair of tits doesn't make you entitled to have a boyfriend by themselves.

How do you act around guys you like? Conceited, super-shy and keeping to yourself?
    If you're sick of being single, why don't you make the first move and approach the guy you like, at least chat him up a bit?

• i know it doesn't , i wouldn't want to have a boyfriend or a guy thats only into my looks , because someone looks is only a bonus... in middlle school i couldnt care less about boys sinve i was tom girl, in high school i only carried about getting A's.. now that im in college im carring more about guys.. and i would say that i act shy giving the fact that when they give me complement i cover my face , but after a while i act myself... so i dont know i just think there's something wrong with mee... i dont know how to make conversations. it would be hey , how are you , what you doing how was your day what you doing and it would end up with "same thing here"

• ok well... if they're in your class, why don't you ask them something related to that? Anything would work. If they did their homework yet, how they like the prof, if they've started studying for the next upcoming exam yet, or how they think the last one went. Questions are good because it'll put the ball in their court, break the ice a bit.

• I am 25 myself and I share your predicaments!

I just seem to have no luck when it comes to relationships. My most serious relationship ended up in the guy being stolen by another girl when I'm not in the country for a year, and my most recent romance just couldn't start officially as he's leaving for another continent in 4 months since we met.

And til today people keep telling me - stop being picky and you'll find someone.

NOT TRUE! Eligible singles are eligible to choose xD Would rather be single than to date the wrong guys :)

• You are still very young. I have the same issue as I am taking the time to work on me. I will admit I have very low self esteem like you. I think there is something seriously wrong with me for still being single for many years. But please don't settle for the wrong type of guy just so you have someone. I think it has to do with you not going out much too.

• You sound similar to me.

In college I got approached a thousand times more though, probably because I was less shy and dressed up more how I wanted without feeling pressured of disapprovals of my peers so I was definitely more confident.

If you at least have guy friends you'll have a boyfriend soon don't worry.