Isn't using misleading pictures on dating sites body shaming in itself?

I know the topic about body shaming has been run into the ground as of late but I've been thinking about this and considering how frequently it happens on dating sites, that isn't it body shaming in itself to use misleading pictures in order to get dates on POF, OkCupid, Tinder, etc?

I mean nobody should be ashamed or insulted for their body, whether it's their weight, height, overall appearance, etc but at the same time nobody should be made to feel guilty because they're not attracted to a certain person, body type, etc. I mean if you're happy with the way you are, all power to you and that's great. Just don't expect everyone to be attracted to you. It just seems like people who use misleading pictures are afrad they won't get dates unless they take misleading pictures but it ends up being counterproductive because if you use lied about your appearance, it puts you at a bad start.

In the end, people will either like what you have or they won't. That's all there is to it. As the old saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What may be attractive to one person may not be attractive to another.

I just think using misleading pictures whether it's claiming you're skinny, average, curvy when you're overweight/obese or saying you're tall/taller when you're short is counterproductive.

There have been many times where I've met girls who used only face shots, pictures at angles, or just old pictures where they've changed since dramatically since, say they're average/curvy and then when they'd add me on facebook or I'd meet them in real life they'd be overweight or obese. I also had a girl do the same where she said she was 5"0 and ended up being 4"4. Their personalities might have been good/ok but I ended up not being physically attractive nor could I force it and if I told them that, I'd be the guilty/shallow one which is bs.

The funny thing is, a lot of women who say guys are shallow for not liking very overweight/obese women also refuse to date a short/shorter guy. Not to mention that weight is something that can be worked on but height cannot. A short person can't make themselves taller.

Everyone has preferences and if you're honest about what you look like up front and meet someone in person then they can't complain about misleading pictures because then they would be the asshole.

I'd also like to add that there is a mighty fine line between taking your best looking pictures vs flat out misrepresenting yourself.

What Girls Said 1

• Dating apps lie.

• I'm aware of that, but focusing on the misleading pictures, fat vs curvy aspect, were told how bad body shaming/fat shaming is but then the people who are actually overweight use misleading pictures only to guilt the person for not liking them the way they are.

• That's the thing, even if I ask them questions about themselves to keep the conversation going, it's the same damn result.

• Then, change the topic bits by bits when the conversation is going in the same direction.

What Guys Said 0