Does A Guy Like This Exist? Am I living in a DREAM WORLD?

These are some of the qualities in a man, is it realistic?
Qualities:
1.) Can't take himself too seriously. He has to be able to laugh at himself when he makes mistakes
2.) He has to be a hard worker.
3.) Has to love dogs
4.) I would love if he played acoustic guitar, I love music (all types)
5.) I want the "us" to act as teachers for each other.
I am thinking about creating a profile, I am just trying to make sure I am being realistic.

Thank you all for answering, it was a pleasure to get different perspectives from everyone. I appreciate hearing how others felt about what I wrote and how realistic it is when putting together the "right," relationship for me. Thanks again everyone.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1.) Can't take himself too seriously. He has to be able to laugh at himself when he makes mistakes
    If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

2.) He has to be a hard worker.
    I am pretty damn good at what I do and paid well for it. Been places most people have never heard of, done things most people only see in movies (unrealistically of course)

3.) Has to love dogs
    On my second pitbull rescue dog. Last one died from cancer this one... well it's an amazing story

Guitar (classical, electric, flamenco), piano and others

Isn't being supportive of one another the whole reason you want to be with that person?

So yes, this person does exist. Maybe you should make it more about loving to laugh, motivated, loves animals and music.. someone to learn and grow with.

By saying guitar you cut out the guy who can sing like John Legend or the guy who dedicates his life to helping poor children in Africa (not a hard worker per se but motivated and dedicated)

Try not to paint yourself into a corner with specifics but convey the general application of the things you like.

What Guys Said 23

• Yes, why not such a guy can indeed be a reality but it's not easy to find such a guy nowadays.

• Sure. Other than play guitar, I match that. I am among the best air guitar players though.

• I probably hit all those boxes except 4 because I'm currently learning to play the guitar but I can sing.

So is it unrealistic? No. To only date someone with all these qualities? Yes but you're entitled to what you want.

• Not trying to be narcissistic here, but I suppose I tick all those boxes except for point 4 (because I can't play the guitar, although I can sing pretty well).

So no, it's not 'unrealistic' at all. Go ahead and create your profile. Good luck! :)

• I fit the bill for sure but the moment tell them that don't get much of reply. Sad really. I play guitar for my rotoscope animation and doing my own sound track. But anyway. If that what you like then go for it.

• These guys aren't uncommon, but you're severely limiting you options by being so picky.

• I mean technically i have all those things but there's no guarantee I'm your perfect man or anything. I mean a lot of guys can have all those things. But there are so many other qualities you can have.

That same guy could be racist, or be a slob, or sleep around. Your height or your hair color could be a dealbreaker. He could have wildly different beliefs than you.

People are so complicated, and that's what we forget when we dream our perfect mates ;)

• Not really that unique qualities to be honest, so yeah plenty like that. So no worries, you will find your guy eventually.

• Yeah, there must be someone like that. I mean, i myself am already 60% compatible, there must be someone with 100%.

• Seems reasonable to me.

• You mean this guy https://youtu.be/NdbP6cSFJXs

• there's a lot of guys like that... like a lot

• I got 1,3,4.

• There's 7 billion people on this planet. Yes, he exists. But you shouldn't be too picky either.

• Exept 4, I am but I have wayyy high standards for chicks

• probbly exist in somewhere in the world.

• Replace the acoustic guitar with an electric and that's me.

• Eh... I don't know? I don't get out much I limit the pool of people I talk to cause people frankly suck... as for quality 2. definitely don't fit it on a personal level... I get stressed out super easily (which seems to be a major issue for most)

• Sounds realistic. The issue is people are more like lakes then pools. Unlike a pool you've got too move through the shallow end before you can see how deep a lake really is. It takes time. Some guys are like narnia. If you can't tell I like analogies. Here's a picture of cute things:
    s2.favim.com/.../...-cute-dog-Favim.com-288866.jpg
    I think it's a puppy but I know it has a mustache

• They exist.

I laugh at myself all the time, even when I fuck up majorly... only way to let things go without stressing you out.

I usually work 70 hrs a week between side projects and my day job.

Dogs & Cats are cool with me.

Never played guitar, but know how to play the bass.

The point is, guys like that do exist. It's just very hard to find someone that fills a niche like that, that you will also have chemistry with, and be in similar places in life. But, good luck.

• When you stop leeching of men for money and rewarding them with sex...

we'll talk.

Basically never.

• I like dogs and love cats, otherwise yes, they exist, here I am in living proof.

• Yeah, and I want a girl with big tits, long legs and flowing wavy hair, yeah, and girls say we're the "perfectionists", when it comes to the opposite sex

What Girls Said 8

• don't make a checklist for a guy you want to love or marry... this will keep you dissatisfied even if the guy is really amazing and he just couldn't tick one quality on your list.. it is not something you are ordering online. he is a human for gods sake.

• You described the relationship I have. They exist. Maybe they are hard to find, but it's worth waiting for :]

• You'll never find a perfect guy for U if you'll keep this list? Maybe you're pushing away lots of very nice guys cause they they don't fit your list of wishes. Maybe one day You'll fall in love with someone who hates dogs but love cats and he's not playing the guitar but the piano. :) And he'd be better partner for you than your dream guy, cause he'll be there for you and he'll be loving you. And who cares than if he likes dogs or not? You just have to give a chance to this guy!! :) Hope you'll understand what I've ment. :)

• Everything's ok. it's realistic. Don't cut down your criterius. As for me, a person with low criterius looks less attractive, easily reachable. ;)

• Yeah plenty of guys would fit that description (give or take the guitar part) so i don't think its unrealistic at all.

• Sure they do...
    If you removed the guitar thing you'd get 60% more of them - let's be honest.

• There are billions of people on this planet, so I'm guessing a couple hundred or a few thousand of these guys exist. You just gotta find the one you're most compatible with.

• Seems reasonable to me. I would be looking for similar qualities in a man except #4 (I'd branch that out to anything artistic, from drawing, sculpting, writing to play any musical instrument). But it's not a must have for me, just a cool thing we would have in common.